By blazon_paradox - 17/09/2014 03:18 - United States - Dearborn

Today, I tried to scare what I thought was a stray cat away from my friend's car in our work parking garage by hitting the panic button on his keys, which did, indeed, make the creature panic. That's when I learned it was not a cat. It was a skunk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 399
You deserved it 13 742

blazon_paradox tells us more.

blazon_paradox 23

In the area I live and work it's very possible that a stray cat will be less than healthy. And as I own two cats I also don't want to carry fleas or ticks home to them. Also, and mostly this I think, I don't want to be attacked by a rabid animal- Adorable kitten or otherwise.

Top comments

Pepé Le Pew doesn't like his romantic nights interrupted.

There's a question being asked trying to figure out whether cats or skunks are better at sex? Oh, Internet, you never fail to surprise.

Comments

We are not your brothers, nor are we angry. We are just annoyed at someone who's an ass hat.

SexyMexi21 23

How does a cat look like a skunk? I understand the long fur but really the long white line along the back and a small head? ydi

its not so uncommon. its like here in alaska, some dogs from far away resemble a bear. better safe than sorry

ahippienamedrae 10

Because cats can't have those markings

blazon_paradox 23

It was under his car, I heard scuffling... I made an assumption. A very very wrong assumption.

You need to have your nose checkup. Typically skunks stink up the air around them for up to 50 yds without spraying.

They really don't though. I jog in the mornings and see plenty of skunks, sometimes much closer than I'd like to see them. I never smell them unless a) they're road kill b) they get scared and spray.

ColonelCusswords 24

that sucks big time op. there is no safe way to get a skunk to move unless it wants to. hopefully your didn't get sprayed.

amaindayyy46 20

Well, hey, at the very least, you didn't scare it away by approaching it.

blazon_paradox 23

In the area I live and work it's very possible that a stray cat will be less than healthy. And as I own two cats I also don't want to carry fleas or ticks home to them. Also, and mostly this I think, I don't want to be attacked by a rabid animal- Adorable kitten or otherwise.

You didn't know...get the tomato juice quick!

BDA_fml 5

Don't play games with pussy, some times the pussy plays back.