By Anonymous - 02/11/2013 01:20 - United Kingdom - Ringwood

Spicy
Today, I told the man my girlfriend has been cheating on me with all about her infidelity. He didn't get angry; he just said that he knew, that they were in an open relationship, and that I was pretty stupid to have not figured it out sooner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 486
You deserved it 6 260

Same thing different taste

Top comments

XDsmileyDX_fml 24

Walk away with your pride, knowing they have none.

RedPillSucks 31

An open relationship is not something you should have to figure out. If she didn't tell you then she is cheating

Comments

Yung dro - FDB...never heard it, google it! It'll take the words right outta ur mouth lol

People like that gets STD's and random pregnancies... You dont need her in your life OP, find someone to give you the love and respect you deserve!

People in monogamous relationships don't get "random" pregnancies? Ha! That's a good one!

An open relationship is being in a relationship with one person while having sex with others. She sounded like she was going more for polygamy.

monnanon 13

people in open relationships can have more than one partner.

But she was dating both, and didn't tell one of them. It's termed polyamory, meaning a person has relationships with more than one other person. An open relationship is two people in a committed relationship who have agreed each may have other sexual partners. Either way, she is somewhat expected to share the type of relationship she expects with everyone she dates, otherwise it's just as good as cheating.

I personally believe polyamory is wrong. You shouldn't mix geek and Latin in one word.

It's not your fault for being trusting, it's her fault for being untrustworthy.Fyl

rlTlk 13

It's a pretty common present mindset that people are not made to be monogamous, you hear people preach it every day as well as use it as an excuse for infidelity and It's usually accepted.. then you hear of someone happily in an open relationship and people think it's disgusting... I fully agree it is, but the hypocrisy is too Damn maddening. it's easy to sound good when you talk about it but in reality you will always have a negative reaction because humans just don't work that way. we crave a single loyal lifetime partner we are jealous suspicious and hypocritical with our lovers.

aron666 25

We? Really ? I don't think you've known enough people to get that conclusion. The "big persons from upper classes" say it's a sin to have more partners or that this is the normal way of human life, and you accept it as fact in our life? If one wants to be in open relationship (or polygamy if you will) and one has the ability to be in one, then no one can judge ones desire.

coldstar 15

As the other person said, who's "we?" Just because YOU might be jealous and possessive and prefer monogamous relationships doesn't mean everyone does. I'm polygamous and my partners and I manage fine. Monogamy is what we find unnatural and bizarre.

rlTlk 13

#67 #83 #84 Yes, We. it has been proven over and over throughout human existence that it is human nature to be jealous with lovers. Thats nit a bad thing either because some is definitely good. but it is my solid opinion that you cannot have a strong at least nearly as strong relationship with multiple people. It doesn't work, sure some can be totally satisfied having multiple sexual partners but you will never love any one of them as fully as you would being committed to one person alone and eventually no matter how secure you think you are in being comfortable with sharing, jealousy will play a part. feelings may be strongly supressed for the benefit of the other but it will. and I am not judging those who have open relationships but I don't see those people as happy or permanently happy. I find the drama and actual hate and crime that love causes is fully destructive to people's lives and that open relationships are essentually creating that directly.. it has nothing to do either assignor is a sin everyone wants to bring god into it and that puts an instant sharp rusty rod right up the asses of anyone who feels their way of life is put at jeopardy by religion but I am saying this as a smoke observation of our inescapable human nature. so you have people over zealously rebelling against all things which could be seen as the status quo or religious to the point that anything that is not anti nature is raged against when in reality there are in actually elemental facts which just ARE regardless of religion race gender or sexuality.

rlTlk 13

and yes I know multitude of typos and long ass rant but basically bullheadly using the blanket statement "it's my life" or "my choice" "you can never judge anything because nothing can ever be wrong if it's how some person feels or believes" or saying "you believe what you want that's not how I believe". those kinds of statements do not make a case.. it is the biggest "I have nothing " statement ever about as useful as saying "because" ... just saying it's way over used and seems to be the ever growing anthem of our generation. if it feels good do it no matter what and no one can judge you. but that's not true there is a right way to most things and it is societies actual DUTY to judge on that. or we end up with total decadence and chaos.

toomanyidiots 14

So... "society" tends to judge gay and lesbian individuals for being gay/lesbian. Obviously a heterosexual monogamous relationship is the "right way to do things." So it it "society's" DUTY to judge that homosexuality is wrong and evil?

Why would you give him tips? I doubt he would deserve your help with her

Dang I don't know what to say to this but oucchh your chick played you and didn't even regret it

Kick the crap out of him then go break up with the bitch

If she didn't disclose then it's wrong. No ifs, buts or maybes. Feel for you OP.