By daycare worker - 23/12/2016 18:41 - United States - Houston

Today, I told my 4-year-old daughter that when she grew up she could work at a daycare, like me, to help all of the little kids like her. She started crying because she thought it was a bad job to have. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 761
You deserved it 1 737

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The pay is terrible, you get no respect and honestly you don't make much of a difference because they're just too tiny to influence. I don't remember a single person from daycare. Sorry, but your daughter has a good head on her shoulders.

kyu_Q 19

you may have given her the idea that's it's a bad job OP. Children pick up more than we give them credit for.

Comments

Frankly for most people it is. I'm sure you enjoy it and it works for you, but it's not for everyone. Most peoples jobs are the same way - describe it the right way and 95% of people wouldn't want to do it

You could have a little bit more ambition for your kid...

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Dealing with kids for a living is tough. It's good she recognizes that.

Just because you enjoy it doesn't mean she will. She isn't a mini-you. That doesn't mean she loves you any less or she won't respect what you do, but she is already developing her own dreams.

cootiequeen4444 11

I would cry if someone told me I could one day be a daycare worker (again) and I'm in my 20s. It was my first job and it was my least favorite job. even being responsible for the toy department at Target was better. and that was pretty sucky.. keeping those aisles organized was bloody impossible. And I don't know anything about these new age toys so people would ask me questions that I (nor anyone else I asked) would know... but of course it would be my fault because I should know everything about the hundreds of toys they have within one week of being there. Who freaking puts the newbie in such a hardcore department *flops* still ... being a daycare worker was worse. I do not like kids. just did it because I needed a job and had connections. Though I wasn't mean to hehe kids. I was just anxious and internally miserable... and worked their 6 months and never was able to tell the difference between a happy in playing scream and a omg im terribly injured scream... yeah... so maybe your daughter will not like kids when she grows up... who knows? working with kids is definitely not for everyone Next time do what the other parents/ teachers do and ask your daughter what she wants to be when she grows up. Don't try to imprint your life onto her.

The pay is terrible, you get no respect and honestly you don't make much of a difference because they're just too tiny to influence. I don't remember a single person from daycare. Sorry, but your daughter has a good head on her shoulders.

peterblack67 9

She's right. I know i couldn't do it.