By BackAndForth - 18/10/2011 04:27 - United States

Today, I thought I'd be helpful and pick up my Dad's car from the repairs shop for him while he was at work. So, on my own, I hopped in my car and I drove the 15 minutes out to the shop. Only upon arriving did I consider the situation I'd put myself in. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 247
You deserved it 48 102

HMarchr tells us more.

Hello, OP here. Thanks to everyone who commented, even those who were less than courteous, but especially to those who weren't. What happened is that I, living at home while job hunting after graduating from college (with an engineering degree--I know, I had NO EXCUSE for this screw up! But I could tell#30 and #95 more than you care to know about motor oil and gasoline ) went to do a two-person job alone and left empty-handed. I never did mention it to my Dad. He'd never let me hear the end of it :-D Ironically, his Suburban could have towed my car, had he sprung for the towing package when he bought it, but alas, no. I didn't car-leapfrog because it was along the side of the highway and you're not supposed to run along there, and it was just more expedient to wait and get my Dad. I suppose I could have asked a friend to drive out and help me, but to anyone who suggests that, YDI too. #91, that sounds great, but I don't know of anyone in the area that offers that kind of service. #107, fifteen minutes driving is hardly the same as fifteen walking. I'll check back here some time soonish, see what other gems of wit, consolation, and mockery you folks leave me. Cheers, everyone!

Top comments

Haha I once tried closing a car window from the outside, ahhh the power of being a ********

Comments

Aww, that's too bad. You kind of deserved it, but you were trying to be helpful and it was an honest mistake. All the people like "wow d00d youre sooo0o0o0o stupid stop trying to help you dumbass" have probably made 100s of similar errors themselves.

If it's only 15 minutes away, why didn't you just walk there?

thejerk56 8

a 15 minute drive could be 1 hr 30 min of walking. maybe he couldn't spare the time.

A 15 minute walk would end up equalling about a 5 minute drive where I live (based on my walking speed and the local speed limit). A 15 minute drive would turn into over an hours walk, as it takes me about 30-40 minutes to bike a 15 minute drive depending on traffic.

you are an idiot. it would obviously take longer than fifteen minutes to get there by walking, probably an hour and a half. if you don't know anything don't comment.

I once had to walk home from school after some extra class time. Driving from my house to the school took somewhere between 5-10 minutes. That walk took almost an hour.

STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ----- nuff said

Hello, OP here. Thanks to everyone who commented, even those who were less than courteous, but especially to those who weren't. What happened is that I, living at home while job hunting after graduating from college (with an engineering degree--I know, I had NO EXCUSE for this screw up! But I could tell#30 and #95 more than you care to know about motor oil and gasoline ) went to do a two-person job alone and left empty-handed. I never did mention it to my Dad. He'd never let me hear the end of it :-D Ironically, his Suburban could have towed my car, had he sprung for the towing package when he bought it, but alas, no. I didn't car-leapfrog because it was along the side of the highway and you're not supposed to run along there, and it was just more expedient to wait and get my Dad. I suppose I could have asked a friend to drive out and help me, but to anyone who suggests that, YDI too. #91, that sounds great, but I don't know of anyone in the area that offers that kind of service. #107, fifteen minutes driving is hardly the same as fifteen walking. I'll check back here some time soonish, see what other gems of wit, consolation, and mockery you folks leave me. Cheers, everyone!

punkin_26 16

Your Rock OP! Way to show 'em. Thumbs up.

I have done the same thing before. Nice people don't always think everything out. Lol

Humanities students may not work on electrical and mechanical engineering, but they have plenty of opportunities to study logic. No excuse for them either. ;)

anonymous100000 17

natural selection will eventually take care of people like you

Suburban is a great choice! Love that car so much.

I have a suburban with a tow package.. I've pulled an 11,000 lb trailer with it no problem.. Depending on the car you have, it could have pulled it without the tow. All you needed is a thick chain

Did anyone else have to read it a few times to understand it? o_o

I still don't get it! It said s/he picked it up from the shop and then drove it to the shop... Explain please???

punkin_26 16

Please read post 77. It's okay Cookie. It will all make sense soon enough.

He *thought* about getting it from the shop. He drove there. And the realized he had to drive two cars, his and his dad's, back at the same time. He couldn't drive two cars home at the same time.

What does OP mean?? And how come everyones name is OP??

Bently24 6

When people say OP they are talking about the person who wrote the FML. So for example if someone said OP is dumb, they are just refering to that person.

No, you're all wrong. OP is clearly an orange platypus. Jesus, why is everyone so stupid?

megan61295 1

Damn haha that really sucks.. Need to think about things like that first...