By BackAndForth - 18/10/2011 04:27 - United States

Today, I thought I'd be helpful and pick up my Dad's car from the repairs shop for him while he was at work. So, on my own, I hopped in my car and I drove the 15 minutes out to the shop. Only upon arriving did I consider the situation I'd put myself in. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 247
You deserved it 48 102

HMarchr tells us more.

Hello, OP here. Thanks to everyone who commented, even those who were less than courteous, but especially to those who weren't. What happened is that I, living at home while job hunting after graduating from college (with an engineering degree--I know, I had NO EXCUSE for this screw up! But I could tell#30 and #95 more than you care to know about motor oil and gasoline ) went to do a two-person job alone and left empty-handed. I never did mention it to my Dad. He'd never let me hear the end of it :-D Ironically, his Suburban could have towed my car, had he sprung for the towing package when he bought it, but alas, no. I didn't car-leapfrog because it was along the side of the highway and you're not supposed to run along there, and it was just more expedient to wait and get my Dad. I suppose I could have asked a friend to drive out and help me, but to anyone who suggests that, YDI too. #91, that sounds great, but I don't know of anyone in the area that offers that kind of service. #107, fifteen minutes driving is hardly the same as fifteen walking. I'll check back here some time soonish, see what other gems of wit, consolation, and mockery you folks leave me. Cheers, everyone!

Top comments

Haha I once tried closing a car window from the outside, ahhh the power of being a ********

Comments

Haha! Now you have to have your Dad come and get it!!

If you're going to pick up another car, just bring someone else willing to drive it back with you. Hopefully op was smart enough to call somebody.

Your comments are annoying. You state the obvious and the OP might not even see them.

The OP might not see anyone's comments. Are you saying that's the only reason you post comments?

PinkFun1969 9

I know it's the damndest thing ya can't be in two places at once. cry

punkin_26 16

I'm sure your Dad would appreciate you giving him a ride to the shop so HE can drive his own car back. And if- after your little mishap- you still want to be nice to him, don't make him give you gas money for it.

I bet you're one of those people that puts gas in the oil tank and oil in the gas tank too.

You mean, that dosent work!?... I mean, it's all made from oil, right. I wondered where I was going wrong...

SkardeyKat 3

Your heart was in the right place. Your brain, not so much.

bfsd42 20

Really 85? Did you see what they did there? I'm proud of you for being able to understand English and decipher a couple sentences.

JoyFoster 0

“I see what you did there” is a common phrase used in spoken English, text, and Image Macros, generally to convey a condescending or patronizing tone as a reponse to a banal joke." The jokes on you sir. And your posts are as pointless as they are annoying.

That's actually really funny. You're a very kind, but also very dumb boy ;)