By KingFML1 - 14/06/2015 17:16 - United States - Sayre

Today, I started working my new summer job at McDonald's. Only 2 hours into my first shift, my tooth falls out onto a young girl's tray of food. Not only did she see it, but my managers and other people waiting in line all saw it. I don't think I have a summer job anymore. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 170
You deserved it 5 428

KingFML1 tells us more.

Hey guys OP here... Can't believe this was posted to be honest!!! I had to make a account so I could explain what happened.. First off, it is a FAKE tooth that I have had trouble with and has fallen out numerous times before this coincidence. I haven't had a real tooth in that spot for 5 years now, so when the fake tooth falls out it doesn't bother me. Well at least it didn't. Unfortunately, the young girl was mortified, as was I?. She didn't eat her food after managers refunded and paid for a new meal, and replaced everything on the tray, (I felt terrible by the way). Although my managers were very understanding, the mother wasn't to happy and I doubt she'll be back(I don't blame her). Looking back now, it will be a great story to tell my kids someday. Now I'm looking into implants instead of having the chance of my fake tooth falling out onto another tray of food. Anyway thanks for the comments so far, you guys have me laughing my ass off! Keep it up, Thanks!!

Top comments

What the **** is wrong with your mouth? Are you not lovin' it?

I'd be pretty grossed out too :/ Unless you're 12 and that's a baby tooth, I'd suggest seeing a dentist asap.

Comments

ratatata_fml 5

I work at McDonald's. I've made plenty of mistakes and ones I couldn't help (I have a speech impediment and sometimes I spit when I talk. Very embarrassing) but I'm still here. I kept fighting and making myself the best employee I can be and now I'm a crew trainer. So keep your head up. Keep kicking butt and one day it will be a bad memory.

It may be a symptom of scurvy, you'll need more vitamin C.

Hey guys OP here... Can't believe this was posted to be honest!!! I had to make a account so I could explain what happened.. First off, it is a FAKE tooth that I have had trouble with and has fallen out numerous times before this coincidence. I haven't had a real tooth in that spot for 5 years now, so when the fake tooth falls out it doesn't bother me. Well at least it didn't. Unfortunately, the young girl was mortified, as was I?. She didn't eat her food after managers refunded and paid for a new meal, and replaced everything on the tray, (I felt terrible by the way). Although my managers were very understanding, the mother wasn't to happy and I doubt she'll be back(I don't blame her). Looking back now, it will be a great story to tell my kids someday. Now I'm looking into implants instead of having the chance of my fake tooth falling out onto another tray of food. Anyway thanks for the comments so far, you guys have me laughing my ass off! Keep it up, Thanks!!

OK, so was it due to meth use or not? Some may think I'm being uncouth, but honestly that's all I really want to know.

#30, Not all people who lose teeth do meth, not all people that do meth lose teeth.

I doubt a meth head could even get a job at McDonald's in this economy.

2nd 20

Either way I don't really see a problem with this question, it's an honest question and the poster is just looking for an answer. I doubt 604 is heavily implying that they ARE a meth head, rather just looking for an answer as to WHY the tooth fell out.

Good to know you're trying to fix the root of the problem

Well, at least you kept your job :3

Don't lie op. We all know Ronald Mcslapped that tooth right out of your mouth.

skyeyez9 24

The girl was overreacting. It was an accident, and fell onto a tray of wrapped food. It didnt even come into contact with her food. They sound like the type that will later try and sue for "emotional suffering."

Rosebudx 32

I used to have a false tooth in place of a tooth that never grew in. It's crowning glory was flying out mid-sneeze and bonking the kid in front of me in the back of the head. I decided to just close up the hole in my mouth and not have the falsie after that.

My love for you increased after this comment.

#30, I don't have my two front teeth ( I have crowns) but it's not because I'm a meth head. I fell when I was a kid and cracked them. OP probably had an accident and lost that tooth so now they have fillings.

dentists actually call these years "the years of the missing front teeth"... due to all the gopro etc stunts people are losing more teeth than ever

#47 I actually think it's fair for the little girl to be scared. Why? Because she's YOUNG. Little kids don't have the same ability to process as adults, so the fact that the food was wrapped probably wouldn't have occurred to her. It's not her fault for panicking.

Honestly, there's lots of ways to lose a tooth. My family has a genetic predisposition for losing density in the jaw bone around teeth and it becomes ridiculously easy for some of them to lose teeth. My aunt ran into a door when she was a kid and managed to knock out her top three front teeth and had to have a partial denture made. By the time she's sixty or so, she'll probably have to have the rest pulled too. They're already starting to get loose. So, not everyone who loses teeth is on meth.

Thanks for taking the time to explain and satisfy our curiosity! (:

Thanks for clearing that up, lol! I was about to ask how unhealthy and/or old you are to have a tooth spontaneously jettison from your mouth! Didn't that actor off of "The Hangover" have a fake screw in tooth?

Sometimes the tooth is better than fiction. Thanks for clearing that up OP.

yellowzinnias 20

Yeah, those teeth that come out are meant to be temporary and only worn while they're making your permanent implant. That would be why you're having "trouble" with it...

I can be put off food easily at times, used to be far worse, the girl may simply have not fancied eating anything for a bit. Somehow the meth question had me imagining meth heads aiming it at single teeth.

Ah, I know that struggle OP. I was born with a tooth missing so I've had to use a fake one too.

Dental implants are super expensive my insurance covered $0. We paid $3k for two teeth bases then $1k for the fake tooth. So just be prepared for a payment plan. And the idiots, for that amount of money, didnt put one on right. The one i never even needed, they were just greedy. So frustrating.

If it´s true with your tooth, go and see a dentist. It´s not okay to have you teeth like this and if you hurry the problem could be solved easily :) and talk to manager about something special to make them see you in better light. Good luck!!!

Dentistry is expensive as all ****.

countryboy4244 1

Meth is a hell of a drug man

XxKosherxx 9

God, are you smoking meth or something?

But first, let's find out WHY their tooth "accidentally" fell out

If you still have baby teeth, are you even old enough to work there?

Wtf how old are you? why are your teeth falling out???? Omg

You're tooth fell out?? An adult tooth???