By Crystal - 08/03/2010 21:35 - United Kingdom

Today, I showed my fiancé the darling Tinkerbell hoodie I'd bought myself during the weekend. Instead of liking it as I'd hoped, he told me my childish wardrobe was embarrassing, and he wasn't going to be seen in public with me until I wore something different. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 936
You deserved it 51 924

Same thing different taste

Top comments

anti_average 5

Most people who generalize are douchey bigots.

Guess that means he doesn't want to be your Peter Pan.

Comments

he's right. tinkerbell? really? are you seven?

Its a HOODIE. Who gives a crap. Guys can wear Batman and Zelda tees into their thirties but you get onto someone who might just happen to like disney things. My step sister is 26 and she wears Tinkerbell. But she saves it for when she is going somewhere casual like the store. My only concern is the way he talked to her. She has a right to wear what she wants. Unless they were going someplace serious then he has no right to tell her she can't wear a jacket/hoodie that she wants. Guys wear stupid things that teen boys wear all the time. Unless he has a perfect, stylish wardrobe then he cannot talk.

But Batman and Zelda are significantly less 'kiddie' than Tinkerbell. Seriously, Batman = okay for teens, while Tinkerbell = okay for 5 year old little girls. So by the time you're on your way to 30, Tinkerbell has a much bigger gap than Batman... She can wear whatever she likes, but I do see her fiance's point if her whole wardrobe is made of that sort of thing. It's okay to wear if you're a tiny little girl or an old cat lady. Anywhere in between, one would hope there's more than just that sort of thing in your wardrobe. From time to time, sure, but all the time... tiring, no?

xd0rkiee 0

"She has a right to wear what she wants." He is not taking away her right away - he didn't forbid her to wear the clothing. It's just that he just doesn't want to be seen with her when she's dressed like that.

You also have to remember they have basically attempted to make Tinkerbell into a sex symbol, though. :/ To cater to the older/middle crowd. Honestly, the fiance is still a douche. If he's that embarrassed of her, they shouldn't be together. Period. There is no reason she should have to change how she wants to dress to suit his whim.

Batman is a man who dresses like a bat and Zelda is a teen game. They are still often seen as childish and immature, and associated with people who are awkward and losers. While lately batman has become slightly cooler, so has Tinkerbell. Just because you might not like her does not mean that Op does not have a right to wear it. It is not the end of the world. Her fiance is an ass for treating her as if she is a child. What she wears--unless she is wearing booty shorts, a thong and her bra--is her business. If he is embarrassed about her then he needs to leave her.

Tinkerbell... really? Grow up and wear anime shirts. XD lol j/k

I'm inclined to agree with him based entirely on your use of the word darling as a descriptor. Normally I'd go with be yourself, but it sounds like you're prone to exaggeration.

caligal14 0

Ok, if you were on a trip to Disney World / Land and bought a shirt to commemorate the vacation, I can see purchasing a Tinkerbell sweatshirt. I, myself, bought character clothes in gift shops. However, if you were at the local Wal-Mart and saw a 'darling' sweat shirt that you 'had to have' then... seriously...? Don't be a 10-year-old.

tinkerbell? thats really cute, i love it. **** all the people who say "thats so childish" its clothes!!

I highly doubt that he is never childish, too!

A lot of people wear Tinkerbell stuff. it isn't just for little kids. maybe just wear it around the house and not in public?