By DEATHBYEX1LE - 04/03/2013 05:01 - Australia

Today, I sent my girlfriend a text saying, "Your the best girlfriend any man could have, and I think I may be in love with you." Ten minutes later, she responded with, "*you're". FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 392
You deserved it 48 360

DEATHBYEX1LE tells us more.

I know the difference, I just made a simple mistake....

Top comments

She's a grammar nazi. Doesn't mean she doesn't hold feelings for you. You neee to understand that bad grammar can be a turn off for some...

Good thing that she got her senses right, and that she corrected you is positive to show you that you can not do whatever you like :P And I am glad you are not rushing things and use words as "I may love you" But still a minor FYL moment though, since spelling can be hard at times. Or grammar

Comments

sam_yarb 8

You shouldn't have even texted that, you should have waited to tell her that in person..

That is crazy! I hate that mistake as much as anybody but sometimes the content of a message is more important. I hate one-word replies as much as incorrect use of "your" anyway. I would be pissed if I were you, OP. She ruined what could have been a sweet moment.

Uh, no. OP ruined it himself. Text + grammar mistake x uncertain declaration of love = weak tea. If his girlfriend is only exasperated, he got off lucky.

Why would she reply "I love you too" when he didn't actually say "I love you" to begin with?

typr04 5

Over a text message? ...really? Grow some balls and tell her in person! Then there won't be grammar corrections and you could judge her response more accurately!

Why confess you "think you may" be in love? Over text, too. Correcting you was probably the least awkward thing she could think of in reply to a text message with zero substance on a topic best discussed in person.

Well you aren't graham are you? If so I'm sorry honey it just really bothers me!! :(

Well, it's Society's fault. This society made some people idiots. And by idiots, I mean incompentent, grammatically impaired Neanderthals. As in, they don't spell right or punctuate properly.