By DEATHBYEX1LE - 04/03/2013 05:01 - Australia

Today, I sent my girlfriend a text saying, "Your the best girlfriend any man could have, and I think I may be in love with you." Ten minutes later, she responded with, "*you're". FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 392
You deserved it 48 360

DEATHBYEX1LE tells us more.

I know the difference, I just made a simple mistake....

Top comments

She's a grammar nazi. Doesn't mean she doesn't hold feelings for you. You neee to understand that bad grammar can be a turn off for some...

Good thing that she got her senses right, and that she corrected you is positive to show you that you can not do whatever you like :P And I am glad you are not rushing things and use words as "I may love you" But still a minor FYL moment though, since spelling can be hard at times. Or grammar

Comments

Grammar aside, you really thought that a text message was the best way to tell her you love her? She was probably so turned off by your lack of sincerity that all she could see was your grammar mistake.

Mads_1234 28
perdix 29

What's with this namby-pamby "I think I may be in love" bullshit!?!?!? Could you be more noncommittal? Grow a pair and say "I love you!" Hell, you could even spell it, "eye * LUv ~^ Ewe!#," and I'll bet she won't bother to correct you.

RedPillSucks 31

I think she would be a little concerned if he texted "I love ewes" O.o

perdix 29

#92, unless he's from Brooklyn where "I love youse" is perfectly acceptable.

Or New Zealand. We love sheep here.(ewes) Maybe a little too much...:8

mojo5678 5

Why would you text her to tell her you're in love with her!? Kids these days

Then learn proper grammar. I don't see what the problem is. A mistake like that on a resume gets it tossed out more often than you think.

But does a love text need to be held to the same standard as a resume?

YES! It should be held to a higher standard. Resumes are for selecting employees, which should probably be less important than your partner.

I would certainly hope that if he's going to send something like that in a text he would hold that message to a higher standard. I mean it sounds lame enough texting I think I may love you, it is just even worse with the error.

Well it's the first thing I noticed when reading your FML, I say good for her! You have a keeper, not sure she does though.

Your, huh, yeah What is it used for She is your girlfriend Uh huh You're, huh, yeah What is it used for You're seeing a grammar nazi say it again, y'all

Don't take it personally. I do that to my lady all the time. She's learning right from wrong.

That's what you get for not saying important stuff like this in person. smh guys these days.... grow some balls.