By xxteenhearts - 29/05/2009 00:13 - United States

Today, I seemingly misplaced my cell phone but didn't have time to look for it before work. This evening, my cell phone company calls me to tell me I have six hundred dollars worth of calls to El Salvador that I have to pay for. My cell phone was not misplaced, it was stolen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 106
You deserved it 4 168

Same thing different taste

Top comments

muhoo 0

This happened to me too. I called and reported it stolen immediately, but Verizon still billed me anyway. I had automatic billing so they billed my credit card. I called my credit card company and had them reverse the charge. Then I cancelled the credit card. Verizon sucks, they are still sending me annoying lawyer letters demanding that I pay them the $500 for calls to El Salvador. Hah. I will never pay.

Sesh54 7

I'm from El Salvador ********

Comments

nutmeg 0

That's when you tell the company it was stolen and then you don't have to pay for it. They'll probably see on your bill you've never called El Sal before.

#24/#28 win. This entire FML should just be deleted.

whats with all these cell phone theives calling ElSalvador?

Thank you #24, I was coming here to say the exact same thing. NO WAY they called that night. You'd see it on your next monthly bill. UGH, FML for continuing to come to this stupid site.

#24 its the rule that all FML-s should begin with "Today". so maby its 1 year old story.

If you misplace your phone and its possible its stolen or someone else may have it...report it to the the company. They can suspend it so you don't get a 600 dollar bill and will usually cover 48 hours of charges before the suspend. If you choose to not suspend it, its your fault. You are responsible for all usage on the phone. So moral of the story...suspend your line if its misplaced.

YDI for not canceling your phone line when you found out it was gone. It sucks that that happened to you but it is ultimately your own fault because you didn't cancel it.

SP63_fml 0

Today, I stole a phone and decided to call my family. As I was sitting with the phone on my bedside table, I got a call. When I picked up, an old sounding man on the other end shouted "WHO'S YOUR DADDY!", and made masturbating sounds. Who's phone did I steal? FML

If the phone was stolen they wont make you pay for those calls. Tell them when you last misplaced your phone, they'll turn of fthe service and won't charge you for any calls made from that point on.

leave the service on for a while, call INS and tell them to track the phone signal down and get that dude sent back to El Salvador (assuming he is not here legally) if he is here legally, at least you can get SOMETHING done about that douche. THEN dispute the charger and get the service shut off lmao