By runner2731 - 08/06/2012 08:09 - United States - Newark

Today, I saw Thor and I wanted to see how realistic it was to be swinging a hammer around. Wrong idea. I ended up unconscious on the ground for ten whole minutes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 958
You deserved it 41 785

runner2731 tells us more.

runner2731 0

I am gonna watch the avergers soon and I'm gonna watch the incredible hulk, both iron man movies, and captain America.

Top comments

ceilingfans 1

You should have started out with a puny hammer instead of a sledge hammer.

Goes to show that you're no Hemsworth...

Comments

Usually, I don't care for puns so much. But this one was phenomenal. I applaud you :'D

liggity 1

His head is probably pretty Thor.

BradTheBrony 19

I'm gonna make you "Thor"e if you don't stop saying the making the same puns others are.

If you were unconscious for 10 minutes you would almost certainly have some serious brain damage.

fthku 13

I think you're confusing unconscious with not breathing. OP, war hammers did exist and were actual weapons, so technically they were realistic, just not for you. And I suppose your hammer wasn't a war hammer.

At least I see one person who knows this, if you get knocked out you suffer some brain damage usually. But you will survive. Just depends on where you where hit on the head and how hard. But op is an idiot for trying it.

I would assume op already had brain damage to start and that he incurred more with the hammer.

UpYoursLiar 1

@fthku: No, s/he is correct. Head injuries that render you unconscious for more than a short while, like 30 seconds to a minute (maybe 2 at the most), usually signify serious damage. 10 minutes is almost too hard to believe. If it was enough to knock this person out that long, there is very little chance s/he would wake up fine. They need to get an MRI soon. Or stop posting fake stories online for attention.

Being knocked unconscious isn't like in the movies, if you are hit hard enough to be out for five minutes you would have a concussion serious enough to require you to go to the hospital, at ten minutes, if he survived he wouldn't be typing anything for quite a while, if ever.

There are penalties for being stupid, you are lucky it was not death this time. Good luck working on you Darwin Award.

I always wandered what it would be like to die. That does not mean it's a good idea to kill yourself! YDI

lucy_hewitt15 6

Now that's what I call getting hammered!

Now I wonder what you will do if you see Saw...

Clearly they'd put the mask on and ride a tricycle. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

I like masks! ...tricycles ....and puzzles ...and basements ....and dismembering peop-- Wait, what are you getting at?

Or if he sees Human Centipede.... Oh god

I can imagine a lot of ups and downs if OP seesaws.

tony1891 22

Ten WHOLE minutes? Thank god you specified, I would have assumed otherwise that you were only unconscious for ten HALF minutes.

Thank you, was gonna post this same comment!