By Christine - 09/05/2009 06:08 - United States

Today, I saw my little brother playing with my new kitten. He is only five and isn't very gentle so I took the cat away and told him "You can't play with the cat! I don't think he likes you very much!" In a joking tone. The cat then bit and clawed my face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 993
You deserved it 51 194

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You didn't deserve that. But maybe next time instead of telling him that he can't go near it because it doesn't like him, teach him how to handle it properly.

Comments

you might not know it , but cats can hear :P

lyndis_fml 0

If the cat didn't mind, why did you?

#36. I have nothing against a little flair in a sentence, but I do when it is pointless or just doesn't make sense. Plus, most FMLs I've read use the particular phrase, "proceeds to," which is an annoying trend. Haha, I found this phrase from a media writing website: Wordiness: Say what you need to say in as few words as possible. For example, don't write, "The man proceeded to leave the building." Instead, write "The man left the building." Plus, proceed is a word that is a little too formal for situations such as this.

dreamofme 0

Oh, who cares? It's a kitten. It's going to claw and bite. All of them do it. Don't feel like the universe is so hard against you just because your kitten does kitten-like things. I think you'll make it. ... so even though you didn't deserve it, it's ...absolutely no big deal.

eppie 0

thats what you get for having one of those bastards........ill shoot him for you

Maybe teach him how to be nice next time.

...it's a KITTEN, yes? Kittens like to play. They play by biting and scratching.

bredrawk 0

The kitten didn't scratch you because it didn't like you. It scratched you because it was annoyed because of your brother being rough with it. Your brother was hurting your kitten.