By Christine - 09/05/2009 06:08 - United States

Today, I saw my little brother playing with my new kitten. He is only five and isn't very gentle so I took the cat away and told him "You can't play with the cat! I don't think he likes you very much!" In a joking tone. The cat then bit and clawed my face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 993
You deserved it 51 193

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You didn't deserve that. But maybe next time instead of telling him that he can't go near it because it doesn't like him, teach him how to handle it properly.

Comments

Yeah, stop being so paranoid. He's fine. Let him play.

idontgiveone 0

YDI for being over protective about your cat. Your brother's only five. He should feel some freedom.

RJB 0

YDI for being mean to your little brother lol.

oh my god, can we please stop with the other perspective FML's?

lol @ "cats suck" comments. Just because you randomly like dogs more doesn't mean they are better... I can't stand dogs.

Kittens LIKE playing rough. Your cat was probably having fun with your brother. Let them play. Also, to everyone ragging on him for having a cat, cats are infinitely better than dogs. Cats at least have a mind of their own.

Wrong. Cats are disgusting. At least my dogs know to go to the bathroom outside.

#14: +1 You should have just explained to your brother that he needs to be gentle. Unless the cat was trying to get away then telling him it doesn't like him will just upset him. Also, in my experience, cats aren't big on being picked up unless they're quite used to the person, so yeah, going to scratch you. Kiddies: leave the "DOGS/CATS R BETER THAN CATS/DOGS" with seven-year-olds, where it belongs, 'kay?

I love both cats and dogs so I can guess what happened here. You either scared it by taking it away too quickly, or your tone freaked it out. It probably wasn't because it didn't like you. But like someone else said, just tell your brother to be more careful next time. Show him instead of telling him he can't play with it.

rihannalover 0

YDI if it's the family's cat, which i'm assuming considering you said "you can't play with THE cat" not "MY cat". don't do that just because he's little. just tell him to be gentle, he doesn't know better.

Kareohlynah 0