By Bontempi - 19/07/2012 18:55 - France

Today, I returned home to my parents' house, drunk. Hungry, I grabbed a slice of bread and some butter and took two mouthfuls. Five hours later, my mother woke me up and dragged me to the kitchen. In the middle of the table was a buttered, half-eaten sponge. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 630
You deserved it 42 696

Same thing different taste

Comments

Well you should have picked up after yourself.

Sarcastic_x 6

Right...because that's the main issue here.

Haha I did not realize how dumb that comment was. At first I thought OPs mom woke him up for leaving the mess, but the real issue is OP defecating the sponge out. Prune juice?

105 - No.. That's not the main issue at all. OP didn't digest the half-sponge he ate (yet). The problem is that OP buttered and ate a sponge and left it out for his mom to see. Also, I don't think OP would have the mind to clean up after himself in his drunken state.

Hope you have fun crapping out the other half of that sponge OP!

FireFighter711 6

Way to go good job n those can kill u!!!

...I read this comment 3 times and it still confuses me.

shamonie22 9

Way to go. Good job. Those (sponges) can kill you. Apparently the person doesn't know the use of periods.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Sponges can kill you...? Excessive amounts, I'm sure...but probably not just half of one.

Well 112 they are the most bacteria-covered household object. I doubt OP would die, but my guess is they're gonna have some pretty bad diarrhea for a few days.

unknown_user5566 26

I know you were drunk, but how in the world did you not notice you were eating a SPONGE, and not bread? I've certainly had my fair share of drunken nights, but I've never been so intoxicated that I couldn't tell the difference between food and cleaning supplies.

Who says being drunk had anything to do with it? Maybe he's just REALLY, REALLY, dillusional. *sarcasm*

I've had the experience where you wake up having no idea what you've done the night before. I'm pretty sure my judgement was VERY decreased >.>

lelo007 11

I guess he was intoxicated to the point he had blacked out? I've been drunk many nights, but yea, never drunk enough to eat something that isn't edible. I'm just not seeing how he chewed and swallowed it without choking.

MerrikBarbarian 9

I was wondering this too. Op must eat some really crappy bread if they can't tell it apart from a sponge is all I can think. I mean, yes I've woken up to some odd things like my underwear at the top of a tree (I still have no idea how I got it up there or why, but it never came down either)... But sponges are pretty hard to mistake for bread when just drunk.

Ydi, cause it's not your FML, it's just the translation of a french one that got published in the original FML more than a year ago. Game over, try again

haha time to quit drinking or step it up a notch so you pass out before making it home, n00b

shamonie22 9

There's absolutely no doubt that YDI.

olpally 32

Oh drunken people never cease to amaze me... How are you feeling this morning op? Lol