By darawbs - 10/09/2012 00:39 - United States

Today, I realized that my manager and I have synchronized menstrual cycles. She gets extremely bitchy, and I get extremely vulnerable and emotional - she yells at me and I burst into tears. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 770
You deserved it 2 300

darawbs tells us more.

darawbs 0

Haha I'm glad I entertained you.

Top comments

That sucks! She needs to calm down and you need chocolate :)

Aww! This sounds like the worst sitcom ever.

Comments

I'll break out the junk food, crappy romantic comedies, golden girls box set and emergency chocolate!

But that's so vague! Why not everything!? Your consoling depresses me.

SrakaSrakasta 20

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
SharnaaaBanana 22

You probably don't even have yours yet. And if you do your obviously not experiencing the same affects as op. Please have some respect

Agreed, I have no sympathy. I don't understand women who behave like this. I realise that everyone's bodies are different, but I feel too many women use PMS as an excuse to act like a child. Not often, but every couple of months I get cramps so bad that I feel like punching everyone in the face who dares to speak to me. Obviously, I don't do this. I am polite and if I can afford to I just take it easy until I'm feeling better. Of course, sometimes life gets in the way, and I can't just stay in bed, but I just deal with that like a responsible adult rather than screaming at everyone and justifying it because I'm on my period. I feel like some women indulge these stereotypes to get away with things they wouldn't otherwise, and it is damaging, because it feeds these stupid ideas that women are too emotional to be in roles of authority. I don't believe you can help it if your hormones make you more emotional, but giving action to those feelings and being a bitch isn't your bodies natural response, it's a choice you make.

MonsterCommenter 4

@16 Feminist alert. Feminism doesn't make any since to me. Example A: "I WANT EQUAL RIGHTS FOR WOMEN!!!" (Later) "OHMYGAWD, YOU CAN'T HIT ME, I'M A GIRL!?!" It's bullshit. Just like I believe women should be in the draft. They all have the same rights as men, so why can't they be treated like one?

MonsterCommenter 4

Wow. The FML server totally ****** up the spacing in my aboce comment. -___-

Lol, so having equal rights means men can hit you? Men should not hit women. Women should not hit men. The former just gets more press because women tend to be physically weaker. It's biology.

22, all OP is saying is that it makes her overly emotional. Her boss is the one who's using it as an excuse to be mean.

"Those papers need to be filed NOW!" "Ohmygod I'm so sorry why are you yelling at me I didn't do anything wrong! Pleasedon'tfire me OHMYGOOODDDD"

darawbs 0

Hahaha it's nothing like that but good try && subsequent fail. [:

SayPeanuts 29

The same thing that the female Secretaries of State did....

Danfran_1147 10

Goodness, I know what you mean! My period became synced with my mother-in-law when we moved in with her temporarily. It's horrible!

do you toung blast each other and make up afterwards?

EugeniaBennett 0

I think it's more of a weakness in character. Sorry but you need to have the "I'm bigger than you" mindset and put her in her place. She is just as good as you are, not better than you.

You think hormone changes due to menstruating signify a "weakness in character"? Wow, I've never seen a misogynistic woman before.

I've seen many misogynistic women. Example: the thread above re female politicians. Seriously, OP needs to develop her skills at handling difficult people, on period and off. Skills must trump hormones (male or female). There are plenty of examples of strong women in political, economic, and social leadership positions who did master these skills.