By scarred for life - 28/05/2016 05:23 - United States - Carmel

Spicy
Today, I realized my recent weight loss probably wasn't caused by working out and eating more healthily. It was from the tapeworm I discovered hanging out my ass after I took a crap. I had to pull it out with my bare hands. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 546
You deserved it 4 073

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should go to the doctor But I'm Glad you were trying to make a good life decision by trying to live healthier OP keep up the good work

DeadxManxWalking 27

might want to go see a doctor.

Comments

Sections of the tapeworm, known as proglottids break off when they mature. They are basically egg sacs. The mouth of the tapeworm is fixed to the intestine wall and will not be disloged by pulling as the lower sections break away. Tansy is a natural de-wormer, otherwise you will need an anti-helminthic medicine. Otherwise you will remain infected. Also make sure you maintain good hygiene as it is possible to reinfect yourself feco-orally :)

I read an article and watched a documentary that if you pull out the tapeworm as far as it'll go out of your butt, cut it with a scissors as near to the anus as possible as it won't get very far when it's just a "head" and it will die off. However, I highly recommend going to a doctor still...

I'm a microbiologist and that is completely wrong. Completely.

Thank you for your extremely helpful, clinical advice. You win for not saying "ewww omg" and moving on like the rest of the people.

You really shouldn't just pull it out, some of them are really dangerous and either latch on to your insides or have hooks so probably should have gone to the doctor.

There could be more up there.. It's better to see a doc. Take care OP

TrippyEyes 16

Wow that is not what you wanna read mid-shit

Hahaha this should be a top comment!

43 I can't help but laugh at your comment on this guys comment omg

I feel like I know you more than I should, now.

Yeah there's still tons more worms inside of you... You need to see a doc.

zeffra13 31

As others have said, the head of the tapeworm can't be removed by pulling. If you don't take something to kill the head, it will regrow the body segments. There can be serious health effects from leaving it. You can get tapeworms from contaminated water, plants watered with contaminated water, or eating undercooked meat from an infected animal (like fish or steak). This is why you're not supposed to eat meat that isn't at least medium cooked, reaching an internal temperature of at least 150F.

I'd go see a doctor, OP. There's always the possibilty that you have more than 1.