This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By unknown - 01/09/2016 18:26 - United States - New Philadelphia

Today, I picked my car up from the shop. They couldn't find anything wrong with it. After double checking to make sure it was safe for kids, I picked up my nieces. Same day, we were stranded in a new town for 3 hours in 90 degree weather cause it wouldn't start.
I agree, your life sucks 883
You deserved it 69

Top comments

Automobile problems. More seriously though, it's possible that the mechanics broke something while they were looking, either by avoidant or on purpose. My mother has had mechanics break things and try to tell her they were broken when she brought the car in, and if half of the cases I've heard have even a small amount of merit to them, mechanics do stuff like rigging things to break in order to drum up business. How much of it is truth is up in the air, and I hope that wasn't the case here, but the timing is admittedly suspect, especially if you weren't having trouble prior to the appointment.

Comments

Automobile problems. More seriously though, it's possible that the mechanics broke something while they were looking, either by avoidant or on purpose. My mother has had mechanics break things and try to tell her they were broken when she brought the car in, and if half of the cases I've heard have even a small amount of merit to them, mechanics do stuff like rigging things to break in order to drum up business. How much of it is truth is up in the air, and I hope that wasn't the case here, but the timing is admittedly suspect, especially if you weren't having trouble prior to the appointment.