By Ya - 10/05/2009 14:18 - United States

Today, I missed my flight because I was stopped by airport security. They found "small, suspicious, spherical objects" in my purse on the X-ray. After pulling me out of line, taking my purse aside and carefully opening it with tongs, they removed the bag of grapes I had packed as a snack. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 265
You deserved it 11 619

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dino_witha_cape 0

yeah, if you bite into those things they could squirt someone's eye out

Jcsati8 0

If you pack baby carrots, will they think you are carrying ammo? Damn airport security!

Comments

you aren't allowed to bring food on the plane anyway.

Cittenscollar 0

Why on Earth is everyone saying you're not allowed to bring food on planes? That's just not true. I always bring food on planes, and the times I've had my bag searched they haven't said a word. And I fly multiple times a year.

grazynaanka 0

i bet no one would say airport security was being paranoid if someone had done the same thing and it ended up being a bomb or something. airport security has to be this way, otherwise there could be another inicident. besides, you are not supposed to bring outside food on the plane anyways. a simple check of the airports rules and regulations online would have told you that.

grazynaanka 0

i bet no one would say airport security was being paranoid if someone had done the same thing and it ended up being a bomb or something. airport security has to be this way, otherwise there could be another inicident. besides, you are not supposed to bring outside food on the plane anyways. a simple check of the airports rules and regulations online would have told you that.

lmmmr 0

Different airports have different regulations for security. And I like how you get treated as a criminal for bringing grapes through security, but the restaurants past security offer forks and steak knives, ready for stabbing. GG security, GG. But really, they are just trying to keep everyone as safe as possible.

Is it weird that I actually laughed because of this? The can be so stupid sometimes, but better to be safe than sorry. Maybe they'll give you a refund on your flight or something.