By tramp - 10/11/2013 05:51 - United States

Today, I met my brother's girlfriend. We got talking, and we got onto the subject of tattoos. I said how much I hated tramp stamps, and how they make girls look trashy. She said, "Like this?" and showed me hers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 316
You deserved it 19 635

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mbusey 20

It's not like you knew she had one and you were saying that to hurt her feelings. Unless you were, in which case you're a dick

You have nothing to apologize for. They only serve as a **** target, as far as I'm concerned.

Comments

People are so dumb. I got a tattoo there because I wanted one but wanted it in a place where not many people are going if see it. Why is it less trashy higher up on your back or any other location? It doesn't automatically make you a big **** and any guy who says that they use it as a bullseye prob doesn't have sex very often or can only pull trashy girls in the first place.

Agreed. I have one, and I put it there because it was easy to hide if I wanted to and because I have this annoying need for things to be symmetrical. It's a symmetrical tattoo and so it had to go in the middle of my body somewhere. That left me with my upper back, which is not as easy to hide, or my lower back. It is in no way a "sexy" tattoo, I don't wear revealing clothing to show it off. How is that trampy?

TrinityNevada 11

She probably wanted you to feel embarrassed and stupid and I hope you didn't! I hope you just nodded and said, "Yep. Exactly like that." (Not that I have an issue with "tramp stamps", but she needs put in her place for trying to make ou feel that way.)

SuperMew 22

What about how Op made the girlfriend feel? She does not need to know her place. It is the location of a tattoo. The only person the location of the ink should matter to is the girlfriend, and potentially the boyfriend. I think it depends on how Op stated the opinion. If it was "I think lower back tattoos look bad on a person and can be perceived as trashy" then there is nothing wrong with that. But if Op constantly says, "Only ***** get tramp stamps and anyone who has one is a *****" then she should apologize to the girlfriend.

cryssycakesx3 22

lol I go on about tramp stamps when the time calls for it. and I have 15 tattoos hun. OP thinks TS are trashy. OP didn't say all lower back tattoos are trashy. TS however, are. clearly the girlfriend took exception to "tramp stamp" so she knows she's trashy.

128, not everyone has the same definition of 'tramp stamp' though. I know people who think a tattoo anywhere on the lower back counts as a tramp stamp. A lot of people see the location as automatically making it one as well, so you're clutching at straws a bit by saying this girl "knows she's trashy". I'll admit I don't like them either (my definition would be random tribal design along bottom of back or something like "YOLO") but I wouldn't be so rude as to mouth off about how terrible they apparently are. Mostly because there's just no need for it.

She didn't hit you so you're probably fine. Just laugh it off as an embarrassing moment

Rule of thumb: If you meet someone you are not yet acquainted with, try to avoid showing your hatred for any kind of topic. Showing a dislike is perfectly fine, but going off on a tangent is counterproductive no matter what opinion the other person has.

Tat location CAN be trashy, in the same way that certain clothes can be trashy. I get that you think your body is a beautiful canvas and everything, but if you wouldn't be showing people your ass crack otherwise, then don't get a tattoo there

BubbleGrunge 18

Not everyone gets tattoos to show them off to other people. Get tattooed wherever you want; screw what everyone else thinks. If we went around trying to please everyone, we'd never be happy!

I never understood how having a tattoo on your lower back automatically means youre a tramp....

People hear something once and decide it must be the truth. It's sad really.

think before you speak, especially when you are meeting someone for the first time. they may have very different opinions from you, which is fine, but when you dont know their opinions on such subjects, dont say things that are demeaning.

cryssycakesx3 22

if you have opinions state them. I don't expect anyone to pussyfoot around my feelings and I don't pussyfoot around anyone else's. at some point you have to mature and realize people have opposing opinions. not everything is hurt your feelings.

I dont care for them, except when im looking straight down on them, if ya know what I mean