By Anonymous - 10/10/2009 21:43 - United States

Today, I made the decision to quit smoking while I was driving in my car. So I took my pack, crushed it and threw it out the window. I felt triumphant about this change I was making in my life, until the cop I didn't know was behind me gave me a ticket for littering. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 985
You deserved it 46 099

Same thing different taste

Top comments

so? i don't see the big deal here. pay the fine, and next time, don't litter.

suckstobeyou3 0

Morals of the story- 1) Don't litter. 2) Don't smoke in the first place.

Comments

skybeau 0

Some people can quit smoking just like that. Some people can give up any addiction overnight. Note: I said "some" people. I have friends who have gotten rid of cigarettes without any problems. Similarly, my dad gave up drinking 4+ cups of coffee a day when he realised it was affecting his health (it aggravated his asthma). While most people need time and assistance to quit smoking, there's a very good chance that the OP chose to throw the cigarettes away more as a symbolic way of showing he's going to try and quit, NOT because he thought that tossing them out the window would miraculously cure him of his addiction.

noshitsherlock 0

DUMBASS, ever heard of a trashcan?

ydi for littering but im happy to see your quiting smoking. most wouldn't care so atleast this fml isnt completly stupid unlike most ydis.

Oh well pay the ticket, at lease u made a very good desicion to quit smoking and I give u props for that! :-D

Couldn't you have waited till you got home or something? Or just not have thrown them out your window? Whatever, YDI.

Well it's still a good thing to quit smokin...

Don't throw your shit out of the window. Sheesh.

Serial_Killer 0

If you weren't so dumb you wouldn't have gained a fine. next time litter them in the back of your car or find a bin.