By AlbertEinstein_ - 16/07/2012 19:21 - Ireland

Today, I made microwaveable popcorn. When the bag finished popping, I took it out and opened it and put my face in close to get a big whiff. It now feels like I have third degree burns inside my nose and behind my eyes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 123
You deserved it 48 063

AlbertEinstein_ tells us more.

This is my FML, i had to make an acc to comment! I know, people, this was so incredibly stupid!! I have no idea why the hell I thought that would be a good idea, I think I wanted to check if there was salt in it before I left the kitchen (no idea how smelling it would clarify) so that I wouldn't have to get back up! I totally deserved this one, and I will surely never, ever do this again! My original FML had "And yes, it is possible to be this stupid" at the end, but that must've been edited out :( And I put the name Albert Einstein cause it was ironic or something, I don't know. But I certainly didn't think I was smart or anything....And my eyes still hurt :(

Top comments

ByronJess 17

...Have you never made popcorn before? Or read the big letters on the bag that say; "CAUTION: CONTENTS ARE HOT!"?

People like you are the reason we have warning labels.

Comments

mowmowlife 21

Well, you better thank your lucky stars that your mouth isn't burned so you can still eat it!

You idiot. Did you miss the giant warning not to do that on the bag?!

The warning just says: "CAUTION: CONTENTS MAY BE HOT".

Bonzer 2

This is why I learned how to read. To read the warning labels on food.

Mmmmmmm movie theatre butter . My favorite . On the bright side you can now enjoy the flavor that much longer seeing that it's been burned onto the insides of you .

Haven't you ever heard of "popcorn lungs???" I thought everyone knew by now that those things are full of HAZARDOUS chemicals that coat your lungs when you breathe it in....not to mention the rest of your digestion system when you eat it.....

Yeah, but they're just... so goddamn buttery and irresistible... *shoves a handful of popcorn in her mouth*

krylonpony 3

Are you one of those vegans who pick the kernels off the cob to fry their popcorn in coconut oil?

I have honestly never tried any microwave popcorn that I actually liked..it all tasted fake and disgusting....nothing compares to naturally popped popcorn with real butter!!!! Mmmmmmm....oh, and clearly the downvotes are from microwave popcorn enthusiasts...lazy bastards!! :P

47, I recommend you enjoy your life rather than worrying about "popcorn lungs". I don't think an occasional bowl of popcorn is going to hurt anyone, and as for the laziness? Well, quite frankly, if I want some popcorn to watch a movie, I'm not going to spend who knows how long making "real" popcorn when I could have perfectly fine popcorn in under three minutes.

Can you read? Nowhere did I say I was "worried" about microwave popcorn. This was a response in a PUBLIC forum to someone who is clearly inviting comments, even from your ignorant ass. As for the microwave popcorn, I am just aware of its dangers...and you have fun with your occasional bag of tasteless cancer. And you're awesome Wiccan--exactly what I'm talking about!

Oh, and 67, it actually takes 3-5 min to make stovetop popcorn...try it sometime...

With all due respect, would you stuff your mouth full of that delightful naturally popped popcorn you spoke so highly of? Please? :3

I actually agree with 21, it can also sometimes be fatal from breathing in the popcorn right when it comes out of the microwave.

First of all 78, hi, my number was 62, I believe YOUR number was 47. Second of all, you need to take your "healthy" popcorn out of your butt because nowhere in my comment was I egging on a fight. You blew up on me for posting my opinion towards your comment, which is done frequently by almost every user who comments. If you didn't want people to disagree, don't post it. I assume you had a hissy fit because most people disagree with you. Also, I did not say you were worried about popcorn, I said you were worried about popcorn lungs, whatever that is. I am not ignorant, I choose to live a more relaxed life where I'm worry free of said popcorn lungs. In fact, I just had a bag of popcorn, and have no intentions of making stove top popcorn, but thank you for recommending it. Next time, please keep your anger in check before posting comments like that, it makes you come off as disrespectful of others opinions. Especially since nowhere did I tell you to start eating microwaveable popcorn, I just told you not to worry about silly things like popcorn lungs. I could care less how you make your popcorn.

KVKdragon 26

I would say *facepalm* but for this FML it wouldn't exactly fit -.-

You don't need your face up right next to teh bag to smell it. I can smell it from across the house before the bag is opened...

This is what happens when a popcorn farts, and it stings !!

I have done that exact same thing. We both deserved it, IMO. The good thing about that lesson is it only takes once before you learn forever.

Except for #3. He does it every time

F*ck, I just accidentally thumbed myself up. Oh, the embarrassment!