By killmenow - 23/04/2014 14:54 - United States - New Orleans

Today, I locked myself out of my dorm room. I walked across campus, shoe-less and in nothing but my bathrobe, to find someone who could let me back in. Turns out I hadn't even shut the door properly and so it never actually locked. I can still hear the guy laughing at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 826
You deserved it 14 396

Same thing different taste

Comments

How did you not see it wasn't locked properly in the first place?

maybe you shoulda tried to open the door first.... ydi.

darlingdollie 24

I have done this OP. Don't worry :) You wouldn't believe how many times I've locked myself out of my apartment going to get the mail, because it's a habit that I lock the door behind me and leave my keys inside. The management always knows why I'm there when I walk into the office. At least you don't look as dumb as I do! :)

SemiAuto 21

How do you lock the door and leave your keys inside?

darlingdollie 24

Because I have two locks, a deadbolt and a knob. I can lock the knob on the inside by simply turning the lock and closing the door. That's what I usually do and don't bother with the deadbolt.

there are smart people, dumb people, and then theres you.

Well, that was uncalled-for! Mistakes like that happen sometimes, no need to be rude to OP for it.

Karenezzy 20

Yes, and potentially degrade herself further (if like many of us, he was questioning why a girl would be outside her dorm wearing only a robe). But, you do have a point though. If they are both single and up for it... the ice is already broken ;).

Yes, because being not only stupid, but a ***** also, will make things so much better.

Karenezzy 20

Why didnt you contact an RA. Even if you didnt have your phone, i bet one of your neighbors had theirs.

trellz17 19

I've been locked out of my dorm room before too. My worst nightmare is being locked out wearing nothing but my underwear.

what were you doing outside your room wearing a robe?? o_O

in college dorms bathrooms are located down the hall usually. so many room share a common bathroom.