By Rachel - 01/03/2012 21:43 - United States

Today, I joined a new choir. My director asked me if my best friend was actually my girlfriend. Taken aback, I said no, I was not a lesbian. He then asked me to clarify my gender. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 190
You deserved it 4 838

Same thing different taste

Top comments

boundbytheanimus 9

It's weird that upon first meeting you he'd inquire about your relationship with your friend anyway.

chickenflem 8

Taken aback you should have asked him when last he got his eyes checked out ;)

Comments

If you're taken aback by someone thinking you're lesbian, you're probably homophobic, just saying. I mean, I guess it's a problem if the person thinking you're a lesbian is a guy you like, but otherwise your sexual orientation isn't relevant to them so it shouldn't matter if they get it wrong. People often think my best friend and I are lovers, but we just laugh about it. (Yes, I picked up that what the director actually got wrong was her gender). And to those who are going on about how the choir director shouldn't be asking about her personal life, choirs are really social, it's normal for the choir director to ask social questions, especially if both girls are in the choir. It probably looked to him like it was an obvious and open fact that they were dating and he probably thought he was just confirming something he knew. It's like when my drama teacher confirmed that my sister and I were in fact sisters. Sure, he didn't have to know, but people generally want to know how the people around them relate to each other, you know?