By Anonymous - 01/09/2015 04:37 - New Zealand - Albany

Today, I invited an acquaintance over for tea. When he came in, I told him to make himself at home. He took it literally and now half of my pantry is messed up, my boyfriend's chocolate supply is gone, and I'm pretty sure our couch is broken. Thanks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 694
You deserved it 3 685

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

LadyLuck93 20

Broke the couch? wtf did he like jump up on it or something.

Well than i guess you shouldnt tell people to be at home but how were you auppose to know

brocho 26

I would like to think that the majority of people aren't that stupid or inconsiderate.

tantanpanda 26

The expression "make yourself at home" implies that you should get comfortable. I'm damn sure you can get comfortable without destroying things. Now the chocolate and pantry... well, that's kind of OP's fault. OP should have set limits for the snacks department.

Assuming you let him, YDI. If he did all of this while you were out of the room, then FYL. I personally think that we need a few more details to accurately give you a proper judgement.

What is there to know? She picked up a dude to bang out, obviously on the couch. Whilist she freshened up he had at the kitchen

Pretty sure he wouldn't do that at home. You've been taken advantage of.

idk, talk to him and try to get him to fix all the wrong doings

brocho 26

Kick his ass out. Seriously, you don't have to put up with that shit. That's extremely rude and disrespectful. "Make yourself at home" isn't synonymous with "trash the place".

You need to have used those two magic words. "Get Out ". Exactly how long did it take them to destroy the place and empty the pantry. I believe this is a YDI. Unless they were left alone for hours, there is no excuse. You didn't even call them a friend, you said acquaintance.