By Anonymous - 29/03/2009 04:12 - United States

Today, I heard a little girl saying how much she didnt want braces to her mom because they hurt and make people look ugly. I looked at her and said, "Aww, there not that bad. See, I have them!" I then smiled to show her. She turned to her mom and said, "See!" then started to cry. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 284
You deserved it 10 483

Same thing different taste

Top comments

They really are that bad. I hated every minute of the two years I had them. And you can't blame a little kid for finding a mouthful of metal ugly.

Tell her she was destined to be ugly nonetheless.

Comments

TryToBeKind 0

Good thing she wasn't my daughter, she would have been smacked straight across the face and forced to apologize.

Come on, admit it. It's not that you're ugly, but the braces themselves are ugly. Especially if they make you wear those horrible rubber band things! I hated every minute of them.

TryToBeKind 0

PS - there are still people out there who think braces are ugly? I know when me and my friends were little, we were picked on left and right for it. But that wasn't the braces, it was b/c they didn't like us. Many popular people had them and everyone thought they were cute. Honestly? I still adore them on other people.

** they're not that bad learn english

lol 11 and 21. What does that snotty nosed little brat know, i know that as i got older everyone had braces. By 7th grade at least every one had them on or were are to get them on, or off. They only look semi awkward when u have head gear and i knew about 15 ppl with braces and only 1 or 2 have head gear and they only have to year it at night. So screw what that kid thinks!!

This isn't an FML...I mean it's not like they're a life sentence. You'll get them off eventually and it will be worth it in the end...gosh.

repeat.... but 2 things. this isn't really an FML because the girl said braces make people LOOK ugly, so really not a dis on you, and kids that are of the age to get braces typically don't cry in public over something like that. that's for up to 5 yr olds.

i'm sorry, but the fact that this says "there not bad" is KILLING me and completely detracts from any humor this post might have had, as well as any pity i might have had for the OP.

#27: The little girl's logic was "They make people look ugly, like she does", so, yes, that was a dis on the OP. Also, crying in public could mean screaming or could mean tears, it wasn't specified. Also, braces are horrible to begin with. They hurt when you get them on, they scrape occasionally when they're on (if things get out of alignment), the rubber bands feel awkward because you can't open your mouth all the way with them, you get them off and you feel awkward (for me they hurt when I got them off) and, when that's all done and over with, you're STILL not done, because you get a retainer that makes you talk with a lisp for 2 weeks that you end up in danger of losing it because you have to take it out to eat. All of this while you cannot eat popcorn or chew gum. I had 4 years of that BS. It's not fun.

yoboo310 0

a lot of people are ugly. is ok