By anon - 18/01/2016 18:53

Today, I had RA training and we were doing mock situations. During one of these, I had a seizure. Everyone thought it was fake, until I started violently throwing up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 318
You deserved it 1 452

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Steffi3 40

Atleast you were in good hands when they finally noticed

That's terrible, but they must have thought you were a great actor for a few seconds.

Comments

sorry to hear that hope your doing better

trumpetsk 13

I read your comment way to fast and saw "sorry to hear that you're doing better" lol glad I re-read it

Really? People think just because you're shaking violently, eyes rolled to the back of your head and possibly froth at the mouth, you're faking it to the point of vomiting? Smh, fyl OP at least you're better now

Maybe they thought he was just that much of a committed actor.

I understand completely! I have epilepsy as well so I know you understand it's a hard thing to deal with and can be embarrassing at times. I think, if you're comfortable with it, you should do something about epilepsy awareness when you become a true RA. the more awareness the better! ?

The fact that anyone would click "you deserved it" is an ignorant fuckwad who needs to realize that a seizure is a serious thing! Over 50,000 people in the U.S alone die of a seizure each year (that's more than breast cancer)! Absolutely no one deserves to have a seizure!

ezrajab 22

That's terrible op hope your ok

Well that's always good. Hope you're doing well OP

I thought it was Resident Assistant, like for Uni or college. Could people explain what the other possibilities are?

look at the bright side, they will belive u now.

MonstreBelle 28

Although I don't know where OP is from and RA could stand for something else outside the US, I think people are confusing RA (resident assistant) with RN (registered nurse). RAs live in dorms with college students and are trained for various situations, including first aid. At the hospital I work at, nurses generally don't know about training exercises beforehand unless they are helping set one up. We are trained to assume every situation is real. We react and treat medical dummies or live actors just as seriously as real patients. I would be very concerned if a nurse waited to react to a seizure until a person is vomiting.

Kris10x 1

I'm an RA too! BCD is my favorite part of training, but that sucks it happened to you. That person got some real life experience though!