By it's called an accelerator, grandma, get your ass in gear - 06/03/2016 19:59 - United Kingdom - Leeds

Today, I had my first driving test. The instructor turned out to be the kind of twit who made me do the full 60-minute test, only to tell me afterwards that he was failing me for the only mistake I made less than 2 minutes after the test started. Time wasting tit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 247
You deserved it 3 142

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Actually, I've had this happen too, while doing my test. I believe they're meant to make you do the whole test for the sake of experience with the different sections, like independent driving, so you're more prepared next time.

Comments

CheekyRaccoon 27

The reason why the instructor doesn't tell you that you've failed straight away is because they're still assessing what you're doing right or wrong, so later on you can focus on those areas later. Also if they told you straight up, you might have driven poorly and not given an accurate assessment of your skills.

Usually, the person doing the test is not your instructor. So even though you make a valid point, I don't think it would apply here.

#21 the person who assesses the test, is still an instructor as they provides instructions to the learner as to what to do next. so im pretty sure that valid point would still apply here.

aliciousness116 16

Better luck next time. Here's to hoping you have a better instructor next time.

Hope your second time will be a success. I can understand your frustration. Fyl.

A 60 minute test?! My driving test was probably 15 minutes. But seriously op, don't feel bad. I failed twice. Parallel parking is a bitch.

I was so surprised by the length of the test too! I don't think mine took more than seven minutes altogether.

holy shit a 60 minute drivers test? My test, in Nevada was less than 10 minutes and my brother took his in Flordia and said it was about 5. thats crazy

How could you possibly be doing a decent driving test in 5 or 10 minutes??

To be fair, #20, I lived in Florida and most people there don't deserve a driver's license. It's like you get one with the Sunday paper down there.

Same, mine here in Montana lasted at most 15 minutes. But we also need to have 60 hours worth of driving before we can take the test.

We have that where I live, but you have to do 3 tests (graduated licensing). The first one is only rules and signs, the second one is parking and basic driving, the third one is highway/ freeway driving

Hearing stories like this, I'm definitely glad my instructor told me right away and stopped the test

They usually do make you finish it, anyways. That way they can help correct other mistakes you might make.

Unless you ask them if you have failed they have to continue until the end. Kinda your own fault for making the mistake

1ronlady 24

60mins? That's long, mine was about 35-40mins both times. But yea if there's no safety related reason to terminate your test before it's over, the examiner wouldn't stop it just because he's failed you. Better luck next time!