By :/ - 20/02/2011 18:44 - Canada

Today, I had my buddies over for a few beers and, trying to be cool, I told my wife to get out of the living room and back in the kitchen. I felt smug, right up until she said, "Why? Your mom doesn't need to be turned over for another 20 minutes, dick." FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 057
You deserved it 109 663

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

blaze420toke420 0

exactly. fat hogs are the ones who talk about girls making sandwiches because they're too fat and lazy to get off the couch.

fthku 13

And of course the automatic responses such as "You're a complete asshole and YDI, you don't deserve to get married blabla". Really? You know this person so well, do you? I tell my girlfriend that all the time, she thinks it's funny, and she KNOWS I'm joking. It's quite possible OP was joking. QUITE possible that his wife KNEW he was joking but decided to joke on his expanse in front of his buddies. Is he a sexist dick who doesn't deserve to get married? I dunno, I don't know the guy. This situation tells me nothing, to me it all seems like a joke. Something I would definately have a good laugh with my girlfriend later on about how she showed me. Are many of the FML commentators just ready to lunge at any guy who says "get back in the kitchen" in the FML, deeming him right there as an asshole who doesn't deserve a girlfriendwife? Indeed. OP, YDI. Make fun of your wife and she'll make fun of you back. What's so FML about it, I dunno. Personally I like it when my girlfriend and I are like that.

He said it to be cool in front of his friends. Enough said.

fthku 13

Again, you know absolutely nothing about the man. Don't presume you do. A man posted an FML after he said that to his wife. She smashed his face with a frying pan. Almost every single woman said he deserved it. Really? So if my girlfriend says my dick is small I can bash her face with a bat? It's called double standards, google it.

Picking_Kuppies 0

Your girlfriend telling you that you've got a tiny dick isn't the same as saying: "You shouldn't have any rights, the only thing you should do is have sex with me and make me food. You're nothing but an object built for my pleasure. I don't love you, you're just my slave."

fthku 13

Wow, you get all of that from one "Get back in the kitchen" joke? Seriously? And are you honestly now justifying smashing a man in the face for that joke? Get real. You're not oppressed women living in the 30's, stop trying to act as if you are. There is still some racism in this world, chauvinism, antisemetism.. Yes, but some people act as if these jokes actually mean more than they do. They mean nothing more than words. Saying ****** can be used in a bad way, as someone who tries to fight with you, or it could be your friend calling you that as a joke. Would you ridiculously attach meanings to that as well? I'm Jewish. If a friend says to me "shut up Jewboy", is he saying "Shut up, you have no rights, you need to get into a gas chamber and die, all jews are trying to conquer the world with their evil conspircies" No, he's saying a joke. Get a ******* grip people, seriously.

fthku ^ I applaud you! very very well said! not all guys are sexist! and most of the time it's a joke and a witty remark is expected back! as happened in this case. OP is a fool for trying to be cool! but in any other circumstances it's rather amusing banter between couples!

Picking_Kuppies 0

If we're not oppressed women living in the 30's, why the **** are their still men treating women that way by telling such insensitive jokes? Your friend calling you "JEWBOY" is nowhere near telling you to go get killed in a gas chamber. "Jewboy" has nothing to do with the Holocaust whatsoever, whereas telling a woman to get back into the kitchen/asking her why she *isn't* in the kitchen is exactly the same as telling her she's nothing better than a slave. In my opinion, you're no better than OP, fthku.

Again, he decided to be a dick to his girlfriend to look cool in front of his friends. I don't know who he is, but he wasn't just being silly, how hard is it to get through to your head? Don't ******* presume to know me and tell me to look up double standards when I never said anything even warranting you to use that as a point against me. For someone so opposed to presumptions you sure pulled out a lot of info from two sentences.

One doesn't need to know the OP; you just need to be anle to read and have some basic reading comprehension. OP was "trying to be cool" by making the lame joke at his wife's expense then OP felt "smug" about his comment. This is clearly not regular banter between the two.

Fliekorochen 0

Simple. His wife's reaction to it explained she obviously didn't think it was a joke. Which means he offended her all the same whether he meant it as a joke or not, so now his wife thinks he's a douche as his friends and most people on FML including myself. He should have known she would take it personally.

natpy002 0

wow. you are a knob. writing a thousand word essay on FML is almost as lame as a grown ass man being a dick to his wife to impress his friends, and feeling smug about it. suck my balls douche

Mokiikom_fml 8

#125 You have a huge problem with basic comprehension. You don't seem to understand that for something to be a "witty remark", it would have to be, you know, WITTY. Being a moronic animal belittling someone else for the sick purpose of impressing fellow rednecks is NOT witty at all. Just plain stupid. So it was never, under any circumstance, a "witty remark" at all.

fthku 13

Picking_Kuppies: Jewboy being related to the holocaust is as ridiculous as you saying "Get back in the kitchen" means I think a woman is a slave, that she has no rights or that I only want to "keep her around" for sex. I'm no better than OP? You don't know me. HAD you known me, you would never say something like this, I can gurantee you. You people are judging someone based on this FML. For all we know, he WAS kidding, and just chose to word this in a dumb way. docscientist - 1. I wasn't telling you to look up double standards. As in, I didn't address that to you specifically. 2. "I don't know who he is, but he wasn't just being silly" This is 1 line before you saying "don't presume you know me". You know the OP so well? Maybe he IS an idiot who tried to make a joke but came off as an ass? You never said anything in your life which was meant to be a silly joke, but came out as kind of a douchy thing to say? The reason I seem to be the only one who doesn't think OP is a total asshole (Or, I don't presume so without knowing him, he may very well be one), is that I am like that, A LOT. I always say things in a joking manner and people take me very seriously. That does not make me or OP a douchebag.

#263 re read my post dumbass. I said it is said and expected a witty response BACK due to said comment!! you yourself have a huge problem with reading.

I know as well as everyone else that people who think kitchen jokes are funny aren't exactly the cream of the intellectual crop, but I'll attempt to break it down for you. Point the first: Privilege. As a man, you are more privileged than a woman. Thus, you have no business trying to tell a woman how she should feel about sexism, in jest or otherwise, because you will never know what it's like to be female. This is pretty simple stuff, but looks like there are still some people who can't understand it. Point the second: Humour. Seriously, which region do you people live in where this is considered funny, and why do you collectively lack a sense of humour? For the sake of the people on the Internet who have to deal with you, step outside. Point the third: Communication. If you're in a relationship in which you feel comfortable spewing sexist bull because you know your girlfriend is okay with it, congrats! However, is your personal relationship totally generalizable, and are you able to apply your awful sense of humour to all relationships? No. Again, really simple concept. I cannot even begin to list everything that's wrong with the statement "My girlfriend and I think this is hilarious, therefore all individuals on the planet absolutely must think it's hilarious too." Truthfully, it makes me glad that I don't know any couples like you, because I can't imagine having to endure "Hurp, get back in the kitchen" and "Durp, your dick is small" back and forth. tl;dr: Only extreme simpletons think women in the kitchen jokes and "Jewboy" are remotely funny. Don't be a simpleton.

Well. As an innocent bystander, I'd have to say I find both OP's comment and "Jewboy" quite hilarious.. And wouldn't you know it, I'm a woman!!! If OP's wife thought he was sexist, I'd say she'd be more likely to leave/ insult him royally instead of making a semi witty (which I still don't understand and I'm a "Your Mom" joke expert) comment? It's FML people!! Not rocket science or a political correctness rally.. Lighten up!

Gabbymcbride 2

The gf meant his mom is a pig/animal.

sydneysays00 0

can someone explain the comeback to me?!

Gabbymcbride 2

the girlfriend meant his mom was a pig/animal.

Hidan_fml 0

After I read "trying to be cool," I knew this wouldn't end well, and I was right! :D Dick.

Wow. you are... well no words for how big of a bitch asshole ****** you are!!! there is nothing cool about that.

Because, now they're the dicks. He was only telling a joke, and he's actually funny.

skyeyez9 24

More like being an asshole in front of your friends.

missysel 2

I don't get her come back ... please explain !

CaptainPickles72 18

Um, since when was being sexist cool. YDI.......dumbass.