By some band player - 10/03/2014 02:09 - United States - Highland Park

Today, I had a music duet in front of a crowd and 3 judges. I play tuba and my partner plays the saxophone. He burst out laughing in the middle of it because one note that I played sounded like a fart. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 288
You deserved it 4 609

Same thing different taste

Comments

Trooth 13

If you guys had been preparing for this performance for a while, wouldn't your partner already have heard the note in a previous practice, had a good laugh, and anticipated it in the moment?

jazzy_123 20

maybe OP blew a bit harder into the mouth piece making the note louder and more fart-like.

You can't blame anyone for thinking farts are funny. Farts are always funny. Anyone who says other wise is clearly inhuman, or just very lame.

You should've went a long with it! You don't know if the judges thought it was funny too...

I hope your partner was just nervous and that's why they started laughing...I'm sure you practiced hard and your partner blew it for you. /: sorry, OP!

I hope the other two judges weren't jerks like him ..

Ambrily 27

I'm afraid you didn't understand, mate.

He just ruined your whole performance

etoilenuit 15

Why would anyone want to play music that sounds like a fart?...

Many people play instruments because they're interested in the instrument. I play Clarinet and originally wanted to play sax first but then changed my mind to clarinet because it sounds really nice and sweet with some songs and sounds good when played with others. To me tuba seems hard so I would think it's normal if some notes sound like farts. Like when a clarinet randomly squeaks in the middle of the song.

Pat000005 9

Guess who is not doing duets with you anymore!

JMichael 25

Well your partner may have just cost you that 1 you were aiming for.