By strokesie - 03/07/2013 06:56 - United States - Columbus

Today, I had a job interview. All was going well until the interviewer asked me, "So, why should we hire you?" Without thinking, I blurted out, "Because, I'm awesome!" Don't think I'll be getting that one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 380
You deserved it 17 921

strokesie tells us more.

Hey, OP here. After I said that, the interviewer busted out laughing- so there's a plus. She also said something along the lines of "Ya know, nobody says that sort of thing. Usually it's the boring 'I really need a job' type. But not you!" And laughed some more. I really need this job though, I've applied everywhere and this place is the first to call me. I won't know if I got it or not until next week, so I'm crossing my fingers!

Top comments

Pwn17 25

That should be more than enough to give you the job.

kathryn14 19

I would hire you on the spot.

Comments

avapaige1234 19

Well, OP that's a better answer than to lick the balls of their company.

Hey man, my best friend got a job by tell the hiring manager, when he asked her why he should hire her over everyone else, "because she was so awesome that he didn't even need to look at her resume, or anyone else''s." But that was probably a rare exception, don't ever do that,.

I would totally hire you. Assuming the rest of your interview went as swimmingly, of course.

I think there's nothing wrong with that. I just hope you followed up with some more quantitative qualities and examples.

WishForTheWorld 9

I would've hired you right then. I probably would've said the same thing.

Don't be too sure. Interviewing consists of convincing your potential employers that you're awesome. You're just believing in yourself. (Of course, if I were interviewing you, you'd have to provide some evidence to prove your case.)

I answered the exact same way at my last job interview and I was hired - they liked my enthusiasm and confidence. I've been at my job for 7 years now :)

caitlinbblack 14

I said that on accident to at one of my interviews. But than I ended up talking why I am awesome so that there would at least be an explanation. I got the job.

You shouldn't lie at an interview, they can see right through the b.s..

roshae_16 11

I said the same thing at my interview. The man agreed and gave me the job! ;)