By scared for life - 29/01/2012 16:23 - United States

Spicy
Today, I got to listen while my grandma, who has dementia and therefore a poor memory, explained to me why the old man on TV was a sex god. She forgot everything once she said it. I got to listen to her explanation five times over. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 110
You deserved it 2 551

Same thing different taste

Top comments

flockz 19

dementia is terrible!! it affects thousands of people around the world. how could you say that? dementia is terrible!! it affects thousands of people around the world. ass.

At least you can talk to her, be grateful she isn't completely brain dead. But I'm sorry that does still suck.

Comments

Was she talking about Alex Trebek or Matlock? Old women always get lady-hard ons for those two.

...my grandma might have dementia... she does that

surfnshred 2

At least you have still got a grandma

Rihoko 4

Aww I'm sorry OP, enjoy the little time left you have with her. :').

Just because she has dementia doesn't mean she's just going to die... :s

Perhaps not physically, but mentally, time is limited. She will not be the same person long-term & will not even know who OP is. So yes, every moment should be appreciated.

Yes I know. My grandma has dementia. But it seems like a lot of people on here think the OP's grandma is just going to die any second like she has cancer or something, but she's not. I know that sooner or later she will die though...

Be grateful Shes even talking don't bitch.

She probably was talking about Hugh Hefner.

GuardGirl126 9

Why are you complaining about someone no has dementia? My grandpa has dementia and I just suck it up. Do the same! -.-

My grandmother has dementia too. She thought me and my brother were at her house and he was talking about the Nazi and hitler. Then she said she sent us home in a taxi...

You capitalize Nazi but you don't capitalize Hitler? . . Anyway, reminds me of my friends grandma who thought blue midgets were stealing her furniture.

Sorry I'm on my iPod, don't really have a choice if it changes it. I just go with whatever it auto-corrects it to and don't really mind. But now that I read it over I should have capitalized it, sorry. :p

It's perfectly fine. I wasn't bashing you for it, just looked kinda strange. I know how tedious it can be to go back and edit words on a mobile device, especially little stuff like capitalization.