By sulitak - 02/07/2013 06:35 - United States - Streamwood

Today, I got to explain to my co-worker again why I can't move my "vacation" so she can take hers when she wants. Apparently, in her mind, her seniority at the company trumps my due date. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 822
You deserved it 2 978

sulitak tells us more.

1. It did take work to get pregnant. 2. I put in for my leave as soon as I found out. It has been on the schedule for 5 months already. 3. She is the SAME position as me, not my superior. She has just held a position at the company for longer. Though, even if it was a vacation for vacation thing, I would still have priority through our company's rules. Seniority get priority to a point. Low man on the totem pole can request days off, then it gets put on the calendar, everyone above them has a month to "override" those days. If it stands for a month with no objections, low man gets their vacation.

Top comments

JoeGrant 12

Tell her to **** off. It's crazy how people have no respect for others.

It's kinda disheartening that this comes from a woman...

Comments

That was an awesome comment 12! Boy I wish there was a button for that.

Korosuhito 26

Clearly she's not a mother. Tell her where to go. Congratulations anyway, OP!

perdix 29

She's put in years of hard work to earn perks like getting first choice of vacation dates. You got to your state through a, shall we say, out-of-work activity. So, you need to back off and hope that your "due date" is as wildly inaccurate as they usually are.

rg350dx 29

Exactly, it's not her fault OP decided to take a wrapper-free wang 9 months ago. Her vacation is important, damnit! OP needs to learn some respect and just be lucky she's not an elephant and stuck with that sucker in her gut for nearly two years! P.S. if you didn't find humor in the comment, at least you can say you learned something.

Even if it didn't come at the exact date why would she work with 9 months pregnant ?!

perdix 29

#33, for the money. I can forgive that you missed this obvious reason because you are from a civilized nation that doesn't treat its workforce like rented, red-headed step-mules ;)

Lauaries8 16

Why should women get paid maternity leave just because they had to have a baby? Doesn't seem fair to the rest of us...

perdix... I'm a ******* red-head and your comment is super awesome because of that! but #33 I just missed the cutoff for FMLA so I am going to work til the end of the pregnancy and go back as soon as my doctor okays it (hopefully 6 weeks)

It is indeed somewhat inconsiderate of her, mainly because she's being an idiot about it. You do have to look from the flip-side though; your pregnancy is not her problem and her life shouldn't have to revolve around your child.

59 is your question rhetorical? You missed the point of my comment entirely. I'm not backing up her co-worker's actions. I am saying her co-worker shouldn't have to plan her life around someone else's delivery. However, she also shouldn't be asking the person who is to be delivering (OP) to cover for her vacation. Hence, why I called her co-worker an idiot.

We're a very small office group in our hospital, only three people are well trained on our tasks for our shift and someone always has to work (the system can't "go down" because it would affect patient care). So, between the three of us we have to work around each other's time off.

tell the rude inconsiderate bitch to go pound sand up her ass

65 people say you deserve it, 65 obviously troll for the hell of it without actually bothering to read the fml's. Welcome to the Internet, the only place idiots can speak out without being knocked out.

TheDrifter 23

Some idiots are rather large... Most every nerd knows that idiots often do the knocking out.

Just go ahead and let her schedule her vacation whenever she wants even if it is that your due date time. When you start going to labor and get taken to the hospital she will have no choice but to either cancel her vacation or come back from her vacation. Problem solved. You don't have to argue with that ******* crazy lunatic again.

If only there was a way to rid inconsiderate morons from today's gene pool... Smdh

TheDrifter 23

Can we start a petition for all planned pregnancies to have early spring due dates? Messing with coworkers vacation plans just to add another person to the population is obviously unacceptable. Besides, who wants to be that pregnant when it's this hot out?