By thealaskanyoung - 30/10/2014 03:58 - United States - Greenwood

Today, I got sick at school. When someone called my mom for permission for me to leave, she told them she doesn't have a daughter and to never call that number again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 392
You deserved it 2 775

thealaskanyoung tells us more.

Hey, OP here. Let me get this straight: my mother is not abusive. She just has a sense of humor! The lady who called was just taken aback for a second before my mom clarified. She's just a character, in no way abusive. Y'all are ridiculous.

Top comments

clairecurses 19

maybe they called the wrong number?

Wow that's rough. Though what if they got the wrong number? I think that would explain a lot.

Comments

PSYqualiac 17

It does. The mom was just being a character.

Try your father? He's always for his little girl...well usually...I'll just stop before I am on my soapbox

Hey, OP here. Let me get this straight: my mother is not abusive. She just has a sense of humor! The lady who called was just taken aback for a second before my mom clarified. She's just a character, in no way abusive. Y'all are ridiculous.

JOEBOBARNOLD 15

would have sucked if the someone hung up and gave you detention.

Well Op, the way your FML is worded and with no follow-up the more obvious situation would be that your mother hung up and you were stuck at school, hence the "abusive" comments. I would also guess that you wouldn't think your life sucks when it was just a little joke. Just saying...

The point of fmylife.com is posting about bad things that happen to you. Your mom making a completely consequence-free joke is hardly "**** my life" worthy. Can you blame people for assuming the worst on a site dedicated to sharing terrible events in an attempt to make them funny?

Why would they give her detention? She wasn't lying about being sick.

puzzy 13

I'm glad she's funny like that but considering how the FML is written you can't blame people for thinking something ridiculous.

Then don't post it on FML if it was just a harmless joke. I don't get why you would? Especially if you're going to get upset when people actually believe what you wrote.

KittyHawkMarch 29

Wow, I actually just thought it was a "wrong number" kind of situation. Interesting sense of humour she's got there.

abocz 12

Yah once I was sick at school and my dad didn't answer the phone until 3 hours later

KittyHawkMarch 29

Dude this is hilarious. tell your mom thanks for me; I'm going to use it on my kid someday. :)