This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Anonymous - 07/05/2016 19:34 - United States - Stillwater

Today, I got rent paid. You know you're financially unstable when you can only afford one mcdouble and you're trying to get it to last three days. FML
I agree, your life sucks 131
You deserved it 25

Top comments

Look for a food bank, or ask local churches if they give food to those in need. Having food to eat should be more important than damaged pride from having to ask for food.

Dammmmmn dude. That's rough. A mcdouble is what, $1.69?

Comments

Dammmmmn dude. That's rough. A mcdouble is what, $1.69?

Look for a food bank, or ask local churches if they give food to those in need. Having food to eat should be more important than damaged pride from having to ask for food.

lilchica22001 22

I've been there hun. Instead of McDonald's...go to the dollar store and get a box of spaghetti and some tomatoes. You can stretch that for 3 days...believe me...I know. It gets better. I went from that to making over 3k a month and living in a 5 bedroom house. Just work hard and you'll get there. I worked 2 jobs and went to school to become a nurse :)

They might not be able to work two jobs. They could have medical conditions that limit the amount of time they can work, the economy where they live could be horrible for job hunting, or they could be living on a fixed income and can't find cheaper housing. Or they could be working two jobs and the cost of living where they live could be horrible. I get that you were trying to be nice, but the "work hard and you will move up in the world" thing that people say is a slap in the face of people who are trying their best. Someone who is physically unable to work doesn't want to be told, however unintentionally it is implied, that they are lazy. Someone who can't get a second job doesn't want to hear someone imply they aren't trying hard enough. Someone who has two jobs and still struggles with living expenses doesn't want someone to throw their luck in being able to keep both jobs and go to school when they can't do so because their bosses hold their job security hostage. It's better to just say "do your best and things will hopefully change for the better." Sorry for the ramble, but i'm someone who has enough medical issues that I'll never be able to live on my own. I spent four years being insulted and bitched at by everyone but my mother when we hit a rough financial patch for not working when not only was I physically unable to, but no one would hire me because I was physically disabled. It really sucks to be told to do things that, nine times out of ten, you've already tried in an attempt to get out of financial distress.