By Anonymous - 13/11/2015 18:07 - United States - Dearborn

Today, I got my laptop back after lending it to my friend. It wouldn't boot, and after investigating I found out it'd been stripped of its hard drive and all its memory. When I confronted my "friend", he accused me of lying and trying to ruin his reputation. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 458
You deserved it 2 590

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Report him to the police perhaps? If you have evidence, you bust his ass!

Strip your friend and wipe his hard drive.

Comments

Threaten to call the police if he doesn't return them. If he still doesn't, do it.

Wow what a "nice" friend. I would get the money for the laptop from him back. Also never lend your laptop again.

he's probably able to play Fallout 4 now

gobiteme2 34

After the investigation and I found it stripped. I would have taken the plastic shell and beat him severely about the head and wiped his memory. I don't know how people can act like this, let alone to a friend.

I would tell him that I think he better worry more about his backside after I had him arrested for theft. Don't let this go. In addition to theft, if you have personal information on the hard drive he might have violated identity theft laws too.

Axel5238 29

Definitely get the cops involved, but do not lend electronics to friends especially computers no matter how much you trust them. I've had friends that while good people just don't take care of dvd's and because of that I've never lent one to them. Take note of how someone treats their stuff. If it's always "having problems" or needs repair chances are they are the reason why.

Hard rule: never let others borrow expensive item without supervision unless family that you live with or significant other that you've been with for over a year. Even this requires further discretion.

Tell him the police are needing to speak with him about the computer as it was possibly visiting illegal sites, lol.