By Anonymous - 20/03/2009 08:14 - Canada

Today, I got an e-mail from a guy I'd had a one night stand with. He wanted to get together to talk about it. Turns out he's in rehab and he wanted to address the biggest mistakes he'd ever made in his life. I am a on a drug addict's list of regrets. FML
I agree, your life sucks 64 202
You deserved it 14 827

Same thing different taste

Top comments

npk1112 0

yeah...one night stands are something a lot of people regret. Maybe you shouldn't be so easy.

I don't know why you're so offended. In rehab, one of the steps is making an inventory of everything you did that was harmful to yourself, that you regretted. One Night Stands aren't usually anyone's high points.

Comments

grow_up 0

well, did you ever think that he regretted using you, or something? One night stands are pretty immoral, too. Maybe he feels bad about that...

Well did hit hit you that he regrets having a one night stand with you not because you were ugly or bad in bed but because he had sex with you without getting to know you first? Perhaps he had a religious transformation in rehab as so many people in rehab do? You need to be less pessimistic.

relax. part of getting sober is being accountable for what you've done, and knowing the effect it's had on other people. if he is making amends to you, it's because he feels like he wronged you in some way, and needs to own up to that and apologize for any harm he may have done. like, not calling you after, for example. or lying to you about something. doesn't mean you weren't fun. ;) just means that he feels like he needs to make amends to you for it. HIM is the issue. not you. try to be kind.

mehwhateverr 0

This is why you don't have one night stands. YDI.

That's what you get for being a ****. If I ever had a one night stand with someone, he and I would BOTH be on my list of regrets.

OK, everyone needs to read this. Why is everyone taking this so seriously? She's not saying that it was a huge blow to her self-esteem, only that this was a humorous situation that happened to her.

spikah 0

why do people think loser when they hear rehab - would you rather them sit outside your house shooting smack, than actually doing a really hard thing - admitting they have a problem, and doing something about it? Most "normal" people never get that kind of balls! The steps are serious for any addict wanting to maintain recovery. Step four - an inventory: all resentments, fears, relationship material.. all the things you wish to go to the grave with - Step five is you tell someone... Step nine is you make amends to every single person you had heard. Have you done those things? Everybody has secrets - everybody hurts other peoples... have you made it right yet? Then don't look down on people that have. We live a better life than you in the end. Don't look at it like you are a regret. What he regrets might be making it a one night stand - never getting to know you as a person, and the embarrassment of being a loser (in active addiction) at that time. It isn't an insult. How many one night stands are you proud of?

eschreib 0

hahahahahahahahahahahhaah now thats funny

amazingandrogen 3

Hunny, That's not something to upset about. Two of the tenants of narcotics anon are 8We made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all. 9. We made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others. Really, don't consider it a regret, and more him attempting to make amends. Yea, recovering addicts are often very clumsy about this at first. He's most likely not far enough along in his recovery to recognize how is actions effect other people- one of the very common side effects of being an addict in the first place. but please please please be really careful when you sleep with addicts. frequently they carry things you don't want to be passed on to you.

You're offended that someone, drug-addict or not, could feel regret after a one-night stand? That's class right there.