By CarouselHeart - 18/05/2016 20:09 - United Kingdom - Sheffield

Today, I got a letter stating that now that I'm in my mid-twenties, I need to start getting cervical exams. The only people interested in getting anywhere near my vagina are doctors. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 394
You deserved it 1 290

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The exam has nothing to do with sex. It is about cervical cancer. Get the exam so when you do (and you will) have sex you will be healthy and enjoy it.

neuronerd 28

I was also in the "started seeing the doctor before being sexually active" club. Don't worry about it. Plenty of people will be interested down the line, all that matters for you is what you're ready for and what you want. I'm sure you even have people interested now, but are unaware.

Comments

Ihavegas 22

hey a healthy ****** is better than none or a dead one..

And yet, when you are early twenties and you actually have a concern about that area, they don't allow/reject cervical smears....good job UK health system...good job :/ However, It's good they make sure to check at some point though.

cheshirecat13242 32

Step 1: develop a fetish for doctors. Step 2: Step 3: Profit!

It's better to wait to have sex than have it with some guys just because you want to. When you find the right person the sex will be amazing and you'll be very happy. If you just **** some guy(s) it's not gonna be as enjoyable

A lot of people enjoy causal relationships and one night stands. Being in a serious relationship for sex isn't for everyone and that's okay too. The whole "saving it for someone special" is one way to go, but not the only way and doesn't necessarily mean it'll be more enjoyable. Let's not shit on people who prefer casual sex over serious relationships, experimentation is fun! I experimented a whole bunch before settling down with my partner of 6+ years and it's ****** up how people ****-shame people who are just exploring their sexuality and just having fun (but remember to use protection and be safe!)

#4: Just because you find "the one" does not mean they're an animal in bed. It's not like some magical switch goes off and they turn into a sex-god. Second, casual sex is simply casual. Some people are into it and some people aren't. Casual encounters do not guarantee bad sex. Now as to the actual FML, cervical exams are preventative exams much like a yearly physical. It also gives a lady a chance to talk with her doctor and get advice if she needs it.

I wish I had experimented more in college! But I'm a serial monogamist by nature and serious relationships just seem to be what I'm wired for. Whatever people are most comfortable with is what they should go for as long as they are safe.

I read the replies. I realize from those that I am wrong and I take back what I said

Nyattack 14

Wow, I have legitimately never seen somebody react that maturely after being contradicted on the Internet ! Well done !

TeacherTeacher 11

If you're not sexually active, you don't need cervical exams. Boys do have cooties. Wait for the right one.

Yes you do. Cervical/ovarian cancer can affect any woman regardless of sexual activity... I do think it's scarier for a virgin, but still worth it and necessary to check on your health. (:

I was a virgin for my first couple of exams. It was fine because the doctor explained everything and answered my questions about it. He also always had a female nurse there so I didn't have to ask for one.

finalyearsofhate 22

You're spreading false information. Women DO need cervical cancer screenings regardless of sexual activity. Cancer can happen to anyone.

These examinations are really important and as for the sex it's better to wait .

MallowMistress 13

OP never said she hasn't had sex before, just that no one is interested currently.

Hey don't lose hope OP. Someone will come around sooner or later. Whether you want it to be casual or romantic, someone will turn up.

neuronerd 28

I was also in the "started seeing the doctor before being sexually active" club. Don't worry about it. Plenty of people will be interested down the line, all that matters for you is what you're ready for and what you want. I'm sure you even have people interested now, but are unaware.

don't worry op, and good luck with the smear. I hope the results are alright