By graduate - 06/06/2009 13:17 - United States

Today, I got a computer. When I opened it, I found out that my dad had made himself the administrator. He made it so everything shut off after 11 o'clock, and made it so I couldn't download anything without his password. FML
I agree, your life sucks 66 952
You deserved it 7 606

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just download tons of horse **** on his computer. When he asks why, tell him that for some reason, you couldn't download anything on yours so you used his instead. :D

Comments

Same thing happened to me, just google it. It took me about 15 minutes to find a solution and shut off the parental control. YDI if you can find a way around.

Thank God for parents who love their kids enough to set boundaries for them. I know it seems to suck now but later on, hopefully, you will see that he is trying to help. So many kids today are spoiled, evil, selfish little imps. Hope you dont end up one of them.

hack his user site and remove the passwords and restrictions? there's tutorials on the internet lol.

I see nothing wrong this, working in the computer repair field I see computers come back from the same people every few months because their kids get them infected with all sorts of bad guys. I'm guessing your dad got fed up with it and decided that he wanted you to stop ******* the computer up.

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

My dad did that last year. I'm attending a higher technical College on biomedical eneneering since three years and lerning to make my own porgramms since I started attending that school. He still thinks I can't handle a pc.

i use the trd live cd (trinity rescue kit) you can remove all passwords, do your things , then put all passwords back! show him you deserve some respect by changing his wallpaper hehe

elsieenchanted 0

Use his computer and download a bunch of stuff. :D

You don't state your age. If you're under 13, then I'd say your Dad may be controlling but he's the boss. If you're above that age, he should trust you by now, if he doesn't then there may be a reason for what he's done.

MyLifeShallBeFed 0

Same with me but I'm 13. If you're an adult, then that is a true FML.

If this computer is your own (as in, you paid for it in full), he had no right to do that. If you did pay for it and he won't budge, reformat it (as in, clear the entire hard drive, install vista again and start new. Don't do it unless you know what do to, ask a nerd friend). If it's not your own, there are many ways to bypass security on XP, extremely hard ways on vista, and if you're on a mac (which I highly doubt), you can by pass security in under one minute. Google various ways, and if nothing works- deal with it or buy a key logger. I had to sit around with that type of computer for my entire jr high life, it's horrible and annoying.