By Michael - 05/06/2009 21:42 - United States

Today, I found the source of the bad smell that has been plaguing me for the past two weeks in my apartment. The police knocked on my door asking if I've seen my neighbor recently. I haven't. The smell has been that of a dead person. It's a smell that even Febreze can't remove. FML
I agree, your life sucks 85 133
You deserved it 5 196

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Curtieeeez 0

Gotta love the smell of dead people in the mornin!

Comments

this totally happened to me. twice. in the same apartment building. i will never live in a building with mostly elderly people who live alone again.

The way you wrote this it sounds like you killed him.

fyourlife33 0

The person was in the apartment next door not the op's, it's not that hard to understand people.. The smell came through the wall

Oh, boy. :( If the smell doesn't quit now that the body's removed, see if the landlord can fumigate.

irishlassie731 0

You didn't notice your neighbor missing for two weeks and you didn't call the landlord to investigate the smell when it first showed up? Moron.

Thank you #24! Who cares? That person is DEAD, F his family's life! Way to be so selfish to only care that your place smells when the person who lived beside you died? And YDI for not noticing that your neighbor has been missing for 2 weeks accompanied by a bad smell...

I dunno much about decaying corpses but the smell should go away after they remove the body and open some windows. If you think about it, we have probably all lived in or near a place someone died once. On second thought.... dont think about it and remain blissfully ignorant.

pickles2640 0

OMG you were living next to a dead person for two weeks!!!!!!!!!! That's gross. And if you haven't seen him for 2 weeks wouldn't you say something?

That is so disgusting oh my wow grosss