By orangechicken - 16/04/2012 22:00 - United States - New Hudson

Today, I found out that my daughter has been watching Supernatural and The X-Files so she'll fit in better at school. I'm not even angry that she's suddenly a brain-dead conformist, it's just that she now has nightmares all the time and insists on sleeping in my bed. She's a kicker. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 861
You deserved it 5 882

Same thing different taste

Top comments

NiveaKK 9

I don't blame her for watching Supernatural. Jensen Ackles is HOT.

At least you didn't catch her listening to One Direction and Justin Bieber, and reading Twilight.That's the ultimate level of brain-dead.

Comments

How do those shows help her stick in at school? Shouldn't it be 90210 and Pretty Little Liars?

It really depends on what sort of people OP's daughter wants to fit in with. When I was in middle and high school, Twilight wasn't popular yet and everyone was going nuts over Buffy, The Twilight Zone, and CSI. Everyone I know now watches Supernatural, The X-Files, American Horror Story, and The Walking Dead religiously.

True, kids will do anything to fit in! Even being scared every night.

annejayy 7

Who cares if she conformed..? Supernatural is AMAZING.

gooberz69 0

Let her deal with the consequences of her actions. If she's gonna watch those shows she should be able to handle the dark. If she can't she'll learn not to watch.

Damn_Hippster 11

I was sleeping in my parents bed before it was cool...

The x files isn't cool anymore. Your daughter is just stupid. Also you need to know that if your daughter is watching tv shows to be cool she is just jumping on the bandwagon. Explain to her that no one is cool or uncool.