By fmlforreal - 15/10/2010 08:33 - Singapore

Today, I found my brother tampering with my laptop. He had changed the entire settings, in ways I don't even know how to fix. I finally had to get my mom to threaten him to change it back to its original setting. I'm 15. He's six and can barely get dressed by himself. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 167
You deserved it 9 612

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well care to explain why your younger bro owns you?

Hopersz 0

Thats one smart kid then. Looks like we kno whos gonna major in computer tech in the near future lol

Comments

Time to learn stuff about computers. And crush your brother's toys.

ramboman19 8

hahahaha kids are tech smart these days!!

rasellersjr 0

Apparently not all of them... OP being the example here.

KilIjoy 0

fyl for not knowing how to run a system restore.

rasellersjr 0

System restore certainly fixes everything, but not always necessary. Just do some googling and you'll figure it out. If you do restore, make sure you backup anything important cuz everything will be wiped out if you do a full restore. A partial restore may not fix the problem.

bugmenotmofo 34

Why do people assume that Windows System Restore makes changes to files? It only restores the settings, registry, and system files.

#129 the OP said the settings, therefore a system restore should work.

WOLFEYES72 2

135, he also said "backup your stuff it could wipe out your important files", the person you corrected was right.

Ali_Br_fml 33

they always do that to me too... The disappearing comment thing... though it could be my iPod... & Op, ever heard of a password? they tend to work, especially if it's a long one. I'd think kids your age grew up with computers, and became familiar with them enough to be able to fix them... I got a computer in the house at 13 or 14, had one for 7 or 8 years, and can do quite a bit with it when it comes to fixing it and stuff...

hahah the mods did change it. but I preferred the previous 10 years in outer space with only a stuffed monkey and some orange peel for company.

skyeyez9 24

I doubt he did it deliberately. Probably messing with the control settings and pressed something he shouldn't have? But wouldnt admit it was an accident just to piss ya off.

Ali_Br_fml 33

ok, that was waayyy off from what you said... so now my comment doesn't make sense... yeah

skyeyez9 24

2: my neighbor has a 13yr old boy and 3 yr old daughter. The girl is a major brat and always breaking the older siblings belongings. I once saw her hurl his ipod, speakers to the cement ground while he was playing basketball. The boy Aaron was pissed and went over to spank her and his mom yells: Aaron dont you touch her! His mom didnt discipline the younger one either (I dont think the mom ever does). So thats how a younger sibling can rule the nest.

It's just a laptop, not the end of the world. Suck it up.