By nomomsonfacebook - 24/06/2013 00:30 - United States - Stamford

Today, I finally unfriended my roommate's mom on Facebook after months of her commenting on my wall multiple times a day and basically stalking me. After discovering this, she drove to our apartment to demand through hysterical tears that my roommate move out because I can't be trusted. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 790
You deserved it 3 323

nomomsonfacebook tells us more.

Hi all, I'm the OP. I didn't have an account when I posted this so I created one to respond to some comments. First off, my roommate is my friend from college. We both go to grad school at the same school so we moved in together after graduation. I had never met her mom before we moved in & only accepted her facebook friendship a few months ago because she wanted me to help her plan a birthday surprise for her daughter. I quickly realized she really did it to spy on her daughter/me when she posted things like "where are you guys?" "what are you up to tonight?" "where was this pic taken?" literally multiple time a day. At first I thought it was funny but it became increasingly worrying recently until I decided I felt too uncomfortable & unfriended her. Within five hours she was wailing in my kitchen about how horrible I am & trying to pack my roommate's things to move her out. My roommate was mortified & told her she was being irrational & she left in a huff & hasn't spoken to her daughter since. Thanks for all the funny posts, made the situation much lighter. Now I'm just glad my mom doesn't have facebook!

Top comments

Mrs. Robinson, are you trying to seduce me?

Comments

and how old are you peeps? and most of all is she on any type of meds for that crazy mentality

At least she will be gone for good.. I hope for your sake OP

Dont meet your room mates family next time!!!!!!

Why would you even add your roommates mom in the first place lmao

FML is totally screwing up the way I look at older people.

brittyed 11

Oh my, more like she cannot be trusted to respect your privacy!

she sounds like a nutcase mom like a girl I used to be friends with, her mom would have everybodys cell phone numbers

That does not automatically make her a nut case, perhaps your friend had a habit of disappearing, or other potentially hazardous habit and the numbers were for safety precautions. Sometimes there's more to the story.

poemqueen 15

39- that doesn't always mean the parent is crazy. For the longest time I didn't have a cell phone, if my parents wanted to get ahold of me they needed my friends numbers. Also, if the kid is under 18 the parents have the right to know where and who their kids are with.

Whether they indeed "have a right" or not is something which is significantly up for debate.

kewpiesuicide 29

Older people never understand Facebook. She was probably just being a sweet old lady checking up on you. You could have just blocked her from posting on your wall so her feelings wouldn't have been so hurt.

olpally 32

Insane in the membrane! Wow... Desperate for attention much? She may need a restraining order. it might be a little excessive but seems necessary if the mom is that unstable to go ape shit crazy over being un friended on Facebook. Or therapy, just get her crazy ass locked up somehow!