By Hobbits&LiarsOhMy! - 24/04/2017 11:06 - United States - Nacogdoches

Today, I finally met the cute guy that I've been talking to for the last 3 weeks. Turns out "5'8"" was a really big exaggeration for "5"3' in boots'. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 907
You deserved it 1 425

SunDown2015 tells us more.

I'm the OP. So, let's be clear: I'm "5'6" and height isn't a big deal for me. What was important to me was that he lied. He also showed up to our meeting stoned off his ass, and then proceeded to throw a muddy basketball at me (which got all over my new shirt). Definitely not Prince Charming. I got out of there ASAP! I guess online dating just isn't my cup of tea. Thanks for the FML though! :)

Top comments

AzrielB 8

He meant 5' 8" as two separate measurements ;)

The issue is he lied about something so stupid. What is stopping from lying about something more serious? And I am 5'9" and have never been able to date a guy shorter than me. And that is fine. It is called personal preference.

Comments

I been taller than most I date. But they do have something against me being taller.

So he is self conscious of his height but is cute and obviously nice enough to meet up with.... Really what is the issue?

I don't get why people lie on dating apps. It's like they think the other person won't notice that they've lied.

species4872 19

Never tried that stuff myself, however I presume that most probably wouldn't get a second thought if they didn't stretch things a bit.

I don't get why people lie on dating apps. It's like they think the other person won't notice that they've lied.

I've had probably 75% of the girls I met online misrepresent themselves. Usually through posting old photos before they gained weight or saying they were the other person in photos. It sounds bad but I quickly learned that if she only shows her shoulders up or the photo is from a long ways away that she's most likely trying to hide her weight and if her photo is a group shot she is likely the largest and/or ugliest one in the group. I have nothing against thicker girls, but I absolutely would not date one that is dishonest or misrepresents what they truly are. Like you said, you figure out pretty quick they aren't really what they said they were.

What's wrong with a guy that's 5'3"?

xoxoblondee 31

I would be mad too! Before people judge and assume you are short shaming him and just want a tall guy, they should realize that he LIED. I have dated boys over 6 feet and boys shorter than me, I dont care about height. I care about honesty. If I lied on my profile, it's not a good thing either.

Try a Dutch guy: First, they are taller than the average, with my 6'0" being the average, I myself am not extreme at 6'5" and have friends in the 7'0" region. Second of all they are brutally honest in most situations... just don't ask us how a outfit makes you look unless you want to hear the real answer instead of a white lie.

InfiniteSecret 20

Are the people saying the OP is shallow and height shouldn't matter really that dense to think that the problem isn't about the height but the fact that they lied about it. The OP even followed this up with saying they had a problem with this because they lied