By goodbye - 09/03/2009 00:45 - Canada

Today, I finally got up the nerve to ask this really cute girl out I've had a crush on for over eight months. Turns out she isn't a girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 447
You deserved it 127

Top comments

You know I'm in love with this chick Because it seems we really click There's no room for doubt I think I'll ask her out Wait... did you say she has a dick?

oooh, tough break. The last four girls I've asked out told me they only like girls. Keep swinging.

Comments

Wait, is anyone who says the OP should date him anyway thinking that maybe the 'guy' he accidentally liked... isn't gay?

Ahhhhh dude, that blows How did you not know it was a boy! Haven't you been in within a 5 mile radius of them?

Kasar_fml 0

man that sucks well at least you know now instead of finding out in bed

billa_fml 0

emo??? cuz i like someone (too bad hes famous lol) but yeah ppl think hes a girl all the time lol so i can see why u thought it was a girl.... im soo sorry for the situation but its funny idk tlak to the person even if ur not gay u dont have to like them but yeah idk

billa_fml 0

#32: Oh yeah, if they don't want to go out with someone, it *must* be because they're transphobic. It's not any kind of phobia or bigotry to no be interested in someone with a dick. It's just a preference.

totallycool18 0

#61, Bill from Tokio Hotel may have some androgynous features, but I think you can tell he's a guy. And, dude, seriously! 8 months is a long time. Don't you think you would have talked to her/him before you asked her/him out?

firefalcon 0

I agree with #6, #12 and #28... assuming of course you wouldn't mind dating someone with male parts or experimenting. And assuming, of course, s/he would be interested in dating you. I mean, obviously SOMETHING attracted you to hir in the first place... And if s/he is transitioning from male to female, then s/he would be a girl anyhow, so no harm there. But even if it doesn't apply to this person, it is something to keep in mind for the future. And for everyone saying "it's a trap" or "tranny, gross"... Grow up. Someone choosing to dress like they want or presenting themselves in a way outside of the "gender boxes" society sets up for us is not a trap, and being transsexual isn't gross. Good lord. But I agree with everyone else that you should have talked to hir already in those eight months. I was terrified to talk to my love interest, but I still talked to him within a month or so of meeting him. :P Eight months is a really long time, so you sort of did bring it on yourself. Not the end of the world though, right?

Thank you #6, #28, #29, #81 for your Trans-friendly posts. :-) To the OP- That sucks man, its always crappy to have hopes and expectations dashed. You'll b e fine though, bro. Head up!