By PeeLeg - 11/03/2013 07:43

Today, I finally got a tattoo of an alchemy symbol that I've wanted for years. I also found out later that symbol stands for urine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 539
You deserved it 51 134

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you wanted it for years, then shouldn't you have invested that time for more research into it? .-.

NEVER put a tatooo on your body if you aren't 100% sure about what is says!!!!

Comments

I wouldn't worry about it too much. People generally just take words/symbols that sound nice but mean utter crap in the language they come from. Look at names for example. I'm a Gaelic speaker in Scotland and a lot of people use Gaelic words for names (here and around the world). They sound nice but they mean random things (sometimes insults) in our language. Calum is a pigeon, Brogan is a pair of shoes, Kerr is a clumsy person, Cameron is someone with a bent nose, etc. Just forget its meaning and take it for what it is, a nice looking symbol.

beatleschick1940 9

A lot of symbols have double meaning. The original meaning of the ichthys (fish favored by Christians) is ******.

There is no alchemical symbol for Urine. Urine is a solution.

And that is why you RESEARCH before you get something permanently inked on your body. There's enough of those douches running around who get some nonsense symbol tattoo and then claim it means "strength" or "wisdom" or some pretentious shit when it really means "toilet".

Maybe you can be a new model in Poise commercials.

Where did you find the symbol, and what did you think it meant? If it's the box with a dot in it (which is the only symbol for urine I found in my books), I have some modification suggestions. You could add either the symbol for the sun or one of the symbols for antimony (a circle or diamond-shape inside the box and around the dot), and two short lines coming out of the top of the box, which would make the box itself stand for alum. Other than that, you should really do your research before getting a tattoo - but be glad you didn't get the symbol for black sulphur done on you, you're a lot more likely to be teased by people who don't know anything about alchemy for it (first thought every time I see it is that it looks like a ribbed dick).

Lil_Red777 21

Research. That's what you should do first.

Was the alchemy spell to create urine? Or just bad luck? Or a shitty tattoo artist.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Always thoroughly research your tattoos before you get them. Symbols tend to have multiple meanings.