By exalia - 07/05/2012 20:40 - United Kingdom - London

Today, I finally bought a car, after saving up for a year. My dealer had told me it was a good buy, so I snapped it up then and there. On the way home, the rear axle practically fell out of the car due to frame rot. My dealer wants to buy the car back at half the price. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 076
You deserved it 30 264

Same thing different taste

Top comments

egc573 40

"My dealer told me it was a good buy." No shit! What was he/she supposed to say? "No, this is a piece of crap just waiting to come apart the moment you take it off the lot. Now give me your money." Bad call on your part.

RabidBunny 10

You didn't ask for the carfax did you? Tsk tsk :/

Comments

YDI on so many levels. Do some research first, and you probably shouldn't listen to the DEALER. Their in it for the chaching chaching. And! You've been saving for a whole year? What dedication. *end rant*

He deserves to be run over... Then give him the car for half price! What a jerkoff

A dealer has to deal with all problems within 30 days

GothInside 6

Definately check out the lemon laws for ur area!!

Threaten to call consumer reports also threaten to park it in front of there lot with lemon sign on it don't back down.

YDI for not having it inspected. Car shops will inspect it for about $50... And if the dealer won't let you have it inspected before you buy it that's a giant red flag!

No matter where You live, the law should protect the consumer. Tell him to take back his car and return money.

You only saved for 1 year? No wonder the thing started falling apart.

Cars aren't all that expensive, our truck was only like$45k

Sanch101 7

You are in the UK, you have the right for a full refund as he was selling a car which was not road worthy. Report him to trading standards and if necessary take legal action and he will fold like a napkin.