By irwingiggles - 08/02/2015 10:26 - Netherlands

Today, I figured out how my birth control works. If you're on your period for four months straight you can't have sex, so you won't be pregnant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 811
You deserved it 4 065

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think you should see your doctor, because that's not normal :o

Wizardo 33

You should really go to a specialist for this, it could be a serious problem down the line.

Comments

I call bullshit. OP would be dead from that much blood loss. You body expends nutrients to create period blood. Excessive loss should lead to an iron deficiency. my period was heavy flow for 6 days and i felt weak like i was dying. no way you can have a 4 month one and still be well enough to post this.

You're assuming that she's bleeding every day as much as you do on your 'heavy flow'. also you're probably just more sensitive to blood loss than other women. I used to have a heavy flow that lasted 7 days before I was on birth control, but i didn't feel weak. As people have said multiple times on here, when you bleed for months on end due to birth control, it's slightly less than you would on your normal period, only worsening on you 'actual' period. It's not as though she's constantly spurting out blood like something from a horror film!

Something is not right. Please see a doc ASAP.

You poor, tortured soul. Satan himself could not create a more devastating fate. Except the Book of Job. But otherwise not.

I can't believe no one else has said this. Some of us just can't handle hormonal birth control. I can't. I suggest you try non hormonal birth control, such as condoms or the copper IUD. I have the copper IUD, and I love it. No side effects other than heavier heavy period days and slightly more intense cramping, but I have my period for only a few days once a month just like I did before, instead of for two straight weeks every two weeks like I did on hormonal birth control. I also have to do literally nothing to maintain it for ten years. So that's my recommendation, but good luck with whatever you decide to do.

I don't understand you kids. Blood is lube, don't you like sex?

uhnevermind 24

That's a really unhealthy way to view sex, and I feel bad for you, and anyone you have sex with.

nadene52 12

You took the depovera shot huh. It did the same thing to it was the worse not cause you couldn't have sex but because of the constant bleeding everyday -. I suggest switching to the oral contraception pills OP

allyiscute1 22

Umm you need to see a doctor ASAP doll that's really not normal;o

PANDORUM89 21

sounds like you went with nexplannon. my Dr said that periods on that can be weird where you could bleed for a month straight have no period for 3 days then start again for 2 days etc. she said people that have heavy periods before starting it can spot the entire time they are on it. I'd switch to something else op.

tossaway2321 5

Idk if your grammar is weird or not but I don't understand what the problem is.

A possible side effect of birth control is bleeding between periods, especially when you first start taking it, which isn't pleasant.