By Tadpolecrusader - 08/04/2015 11:05 - Australia

Today, I did the smart thing and bought an umbrella before walking to work. My efforts proved useless when a truck ran through a huge puddle and drenched me from head to toe. My underwear was still wet 4 hours later. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 081
You deserved it 2 116

Tadpolecrusader tells us more.

I love reading your comments, they are amazing :D I thought it only happened in comics that sort of thing too. But the sheer force of this wave actually made me nearly fall over (the road drainage pipe was blocked I can only assume). And living in Australia means that we are not used to much rain. But I sure was wishing I had taken more notice. That being said, I can also add that the idea of bring extra clothes to work because of rain is a fairly foreign idea to us. Usually its just a light sprinkle throughout the day if at all, so often people don't even worry about an umbrella, unless we know its going to get heavy. As for work, I don't think my manager cared too much, she just found me a towel and let me do what I needed to. And I have no idea if the truck driver did it on purpose or even noticed. But judging the position of everything, I would say it was unavoidable for him. And he was coming up behind me, so I don't see him coming to avoid it. 10/10 will be more careful in the future :)

Top comments

demonddm 24

i thought that only happened in cartoons

There comes a time when going commando is your best tactical option

Comments

karcummings 19
xKrisSmoove 21

Now I understand, you got the umbrella to show it what it's supposed to do, right?

There was no you way you could've dodged that splash unless you're a ninja!

Who knew that fast trucks could get you so wet OP? Hopefully the driver didn't do it on purpose.

Octwo 16

One of my friends did that on purpose once. but the kids he splashed were wannabe thug-life douchebags with their pants around their knees so I don't have much sympathy for them.

uchihadesendent 14

I had that happen to me twice it sucked

I sense a banana cream pie will be in your near future.

Did he roll down the window and yell I gotchied you?

A long stylish raincoat may need to be the next thing you invest in and water proof shoes