By JayCee500 - 27/05/2014 23:05 - France - Paris

Today, I deliberately didn't tell my therapist half of what I was going through because I didn't want to depress her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 332
You deserved it 11 432

JayCee500 tells us more.

JayCee500 2

I'm the OP. I posted this after my last session with my therapist--I'd realized that this particular person wasn't working for me because I didn't really connect with her to an extent where I'd be able to tell her all my problems. This is the first time I'm seeking therapy, and from what people have said, it sometimes takes a while to find someone you are truly comfortable with. Just to be clear--I don't think that my particular problems are at all special, and they aren't even that bad when compared with half the shit people I know go through. It was just getting to the point where I was deliberately excluding things that had happened to me/that I felt because I considered them too "pathetic" to share. You can probably guess that one of my problems is that I care way too much about how other people perceive me.

Top comments

I've done that before, OP. at some point you gotta talk, or find a therapist you can open up to.

Comments

That's what they're for you should just tell her what's on your mind

Sorry you're having a hard time OP :( but for sure you gotta find the right fit with therapists

I hope things get better for you. I know it's hard to find someone to talk to on a deep level.

It's always better to get it off your chest. Chin up

I don't go to mine because I don't like reliving the memories. Nothing illegal just have enough I don't like to bring them up. It sucks.

Your not using that to your full advantage if your not open. Either be open, or find a professional that you feel you can open up to.

abnormalblessin 3

Always remember: "Weeping May endure for a night, but JOY cometh in the morning." This too shall pass dear keep your faith strong and hold your head high!!

She should be a professional just tell her your issues.

kkmichelle2283 1

I don't tell my therapist everything either