By nocakeforyou! - 15/03/2011 13:11

Today, I came home to my drunk husband, to find that he raided our fridge and freezer to soothe his beer munchies. That would have been fine, had he not eaten the top tier of our wedding cake I'd been saving to eat on our first wedding anniversary, which is in 4 days. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 205
You deserved it 14 060

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The tradition of eating the top tier on the first anniversary is ridiculous. We tried that, and the cake was as moist as an 80 year old pussy. You should thank him for saving you from eating that.

MarineWifey88 3

My husband spent our first anniversary in Iraq. we didn't get to spend an anniversary together until our 4th anniversary and by then, we were scared of the cake and threw it out.

Comments

In Britian, wedding cake is a fruit cake (decent fruit cake, not that s*%t you Americans call fruit cake) and traditionally the top layer is frozen until the christening of the first child. Fruit cake isn't like normal sponge cakes etc. it keeps and should be fine for a few years if frozen and stored properly.

monnanon 13

Finally someone that understands. Fruitcake does not go off. I have known people who have the fruicake sans icing stored in a sealed tin somewhere and not in the freezer at all. Seriously if the cake is made correctly storing it in the freezer with all its decoration will be fine. I doubt it would have stayed a tradition if people were continously getting sick from year old cake.

"Fine" is all well and good if I'm starving, and have nothing else to eat, but spending so much money and effort so that something can be "fine" a year later seems extreme.

russianspy1234 11

You could have had a year old piece of cake. What you got instead is a husband that owes you for the rest of his life.

Yuck. Buy a new cake, they never ever freeze well!

Hahah first time I have heard of the "beer munchies", as I mainly hear "munchies" referring to pot. But then again I'm 14 and they say you learn something new every day :) and if he were MY husband... I would make him my cleaning/ working slave on our anniversary :) lol

It's just a piece of cake? Go buy more. You're going to have to go food shopping anyway.

haleykerr 0

ew. who would eat a year old cake?

CaitiieBuggs 23

At least that's not as bad as what happened to my parents. My mom's brother ate the wedding cake the night before the wedding with his buddies.

Ew yeah we tried that too.. It was vile.. We threw it away without even cutting it... Don't worry op it's a moronic tradition anyway...

How did you come to the conclusion that it was "vile" without even cutting in to the cake?

Thank you, madginger munchki! It's nice to see someone making a comment that is educated. For all the people saying "ewwwww" or saying someone they know did it and "it was gross" - obviously you or your friend/relative did not do things properly. Wedding cake, properly prepared, wrapped and frozen will still be edible after a year. There are many websites with instructions on how to do this.

Or as I've pointed out above, you can have the cake specially packaged for you to be sure that it will be fine.

MC18 0

Nast...cause it's definately normal to eat things that you've kept for a year...